Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Show Me Your Kegerator!
Quote | Reply
Have a fridge that's been retired from regular duty, considering the kegerator retasking route... that way I can post drunk... (j/k)
Quote Reply
Re: Show Me Your Kegerator! [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wood paneling and some Aluminium angle iron.
Last edited by: J-No: Apr 29, 17 16:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have this early 1960's fridge in my man cave garage. Been considering doing the same thing but probably won't because the fridge is original and is so cool looking. The only problem is that it sucks a lot more electricity than a modern fridge.
Quote Reply
Re: Show Me Your Kegerator! [J-No] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J-No wrote:
Wood paneling and some Aluminium angle iron.

I have an old pepsi cooler, pretty tempting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you are done make your way down to Dallas and get a keg of Velvet Hammer from the Peticolas Brewery. You will be the hero of your friends.
Quote Reply
Re: Show Me Your Kegerator! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
I have this early 1960's fridge in my man cave garage. Been considering doing the same thing but probably won't because the fridge is original and is so cool looking. The only problem is that it sucks a lot more electricity than a modern fridge.

just swap out the compressor with a modern one

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Show Me Your Kegerator! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw something similar to this on the sidewalk last summer with a sign saying it worked. Debated going back to get it. It looked very cool. But the guy I asked to help me load it up said I was crazy because it would use too much electricity to be worth it. Still wish I had grabbed it for garage.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Show Me Your Kegerator! [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here in NY the deposit alone on a keg is what prevents me from getting one. The deposit expires faster than I could drink the keg so I would lose my deposit..
Quote Reply
Re: Show Me Your Kegerator! [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Here in NY the deposit alone on a keg is what prevents me from getting one. The deposit expires faster than I could drink the keg so I would lose my deposit..

I've never heard of them expiring. How long ?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm I may have to rethink this... I found this when looking for when the deposits expire. when it was law it was 30 days.. https://dailygazette.com/...2011/01/02/0103_kegs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
orphious wrote:

I've never heard of them expiring. How long ?

I worked at a beverage store in NY for about six years in the early 2000s. I never heard them expiring. I do believe we attached a receipt that was required to be taped and sealed onto the keg (prevent underage keg parties). So maybe the store refused to except the keg after a certain date?
Last edited by: AndysStrongAle: May 1, 17 10:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I have two handles but can fit three 5 gallon kegs in there.

Tank outside of fridge. Just carefully drill a hole through the inside plastic and then stick something into the insulation to make sure nothing is in the way. Then drill through. I also have a second gas line coming off of the tank so in the winter the garage is cold enough to have something carbonating or conditioning outside of the fridge.

4 Banger Gas setup

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: Show Me Your Kegerator! [iO4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice... still trying to justify. May try this instead!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heh that's pretty crazy. You have to clean the lines regularly so that would be a huge pain. All you really need is this. If you look around you should be able to find craft beer in 5 gallon kegs as well. That way you don't need to get a half barrel of something.

http://www.beveragefactory.com/...ts/fridge-kits.shtml

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: Show Me Your Kegerator! [iO4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet. Might need to add that to the workbench.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: May 2, 17 7:09
Quote Reply