Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Facebook @ $150
Quote | Reply
All time high.

And so many here, so wrong for so long.

It's not too late; earnings on Tuesday. Expect another strong quarter.

They are just hitting their stride.
Quote Reply
Re: Facebook @ $150 [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought it at $22 and I'm thinking it will be around $400+ in a few years.
Quote Reply
Re: Facebook @ $150 [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not all of us were completely wrong, only partially.

I bought FB on January 9, 3013 at $29.67 and sold on February 1, 2016 at $112.27.

When I bought it, a lot of people said it was a dumb move and now, I am saying it was dumb move to sell but it was a good investment for me. I sold all of my stocks in 2016 thinking the market was overpriced. I still think it is but have been on the sidelines for a while.
Quote Reply
Re: Facebook @ $150 [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Not all of us were completely wrong, only partially.

I bought FB on January 9, 3013 at $29.67 and sold on February 1, 2016 at $112.27.

When I bought it, a lot of people said it was a dumb move and now, I am saying it was dumb move to sell but it was a good investment for me. I sold all of my stocks in 2016 thinking the market was overpriced. I still think it is but have been on the sidelines for a while.

Selling for 3.5x what you paid for it is never dumb.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Facebook @ $150 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Selling for 3.5x what you paid for it is never dumb.

That is true. I remember hearing after the IPO that they would be a bust but it seemed to me that a lot of people were using it. It was kind of like McDonald's where no one admits to eating there but there sure are a lot of people eating there.

I didn't sell because I thought FB was going to bust, I just sold all my stocks because I thought in an election year with the stocks so high (and over valued in my mind) that there was a reasonable bet things would come down. I wanted my money for something else and decided to just get out. All of the stocks I owned, other than FB, were bought in early 2009 so I had a good run.

The only stock I am still holding is an oil that is down. My theory is to never sell at a loss so I am holding on with the hope that one day it will rebound. They are in the oil sands and when they were way down I bought more to lower my average cost. It was risky as they were almost delisted, but I'm sticking to my theory and will just wait.

Quote Reply