Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

re motorcycles . . . Robert Pirsig passes
Quote | Reply
One of the first counter-cultural books I read as a youth. I reread it a few years ago and didn't get it the second time - I guess I'm old now.

Quote Reply
Re: re motorcycles . . . Robert Pirsig passes [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RIP. I remember that book but never bought it. Do you know when he did the original edition? Late 60's, early 70's?
Quote Reply
Re: re motorcycles . . . Robert Pirsig passes [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think early 70's. I also remember he was rejected by just about every publisher . . . then ended up selling millions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
I think early 70's. I also remember he was rejected by just about every publisher . . . then ended up selling millions.

LOL!! That says something. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the heads up on Pirsig's passing. This book has been part of my psyche since I first read it in the 70's. I still can't figure out what the heck quality is....

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have one still sitting on my shelf, probably should read it again now with the eyes and experience of an old man, and not some young whipper snapper who thinks he has the world by the balls!!!

RIP dude, you left your mark..
Quote Reply
Re: re motorcycles . . . Robert Pirsig passes [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Thanks for the heads up on Pirsig's passing. This book has been part of my psyche since I first read it in the 70's. I still can't figure out what the heck quality is....

He was living in Maine, I had no idea. He wrote one other book called "Lila". I remember reading it and it being about quality too, basically can a floozy of a woman have quality (no idea if I'm remembering correctly or not, it's been 20 years). I think I read the Zen book and couldn't figure out what the hell he was talking about.
Last edited by: ThisIsIt: Apr 25, 17 3:14
Quote Reply