Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: US strikes Syria [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fair enough, to the extant and for the reasons you set forth
Quote Reply
Re: US strikes Syria [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You fucking hypocrite ... you start a thread begging for something to be done.... it's done and then you criticized it...U swear to fucking God I wrote something similar about that in a thread this week...my oh wait it was the fucking one you started.

I'm not criticizing Trump, I am stating a fact.

In the week before the missiles launched, the administration said Assad is to stay. Then the gas attack occurred and he sent in missiles.

I wanted a response just like I wanted a response to the gas attacks in 2013 but Obama didn't do it which I objected to. Trump changed his mind and acted which is what I applauded.

How does that make me hypocritical? I've wanted Assad out of there since 2011 and have never changed my view on that.

Quote Reply
Re: US strikes Syria [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It just got more interesting (if true):

http://www.cnn.com/...russia-donald-trump/

And fucked.
Last edited by: TomkR: Apr 8, 17 13:47
Quote Reply
Re: US strikes Syria [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to see that the egregious lies are getting a little coverage from the left:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/10/susan-rices-track-record-is-taking-a-beating/
_

[quote dave_w]I wonder if presidential historians will let Obama re-write reality on this issue. Links below show Obama, Kerry, and Rice, (within a week of each other) all talking about how Obama never backed away from his "red line", but instead secured a deal to remove all the chemical weapons from Syria. Obama even said he was "very proud" of it at one point. Even though Assad repeatedly continued to use chemical weapons. In January of this year, Obama said in one of his last interviews as POTUS.
-
"I think it was important for me as president of the United States to send a message that in fact there is something different about chemical weapons," he added. "And regardless of how it ended up playing, I think in the Beltway, what is true is Assad got rid of his chemical weapons."
-
https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-doesnt-regret-red-line-over-syria-conflict-033431469.html
-
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/313574-kerry-obama-never-retreated-from-his-red-line-in-syria
-
"According to Kerry, his Russian counterpart, Sergey Lavrov, then called him to voice support for a peaceful resolution to the conflict for Syria to hand over its chemical weapons.
"I get a call from Lavrov an hour and a half later saying, 'That’s a great idea. We should be pursuing that. Why don’t we sit down and talk and see if we can get that done?' And within days, we got it done," Kerry said."
-
http://www.americasfreedomfighters.com/2017/04/05/susan-rice-whopper/

"We were able to find a solution that didn't necessitate the use of force that actually removed the chemical weapons that were known from Syria, in a way that the use of force would never have accomplished. Our aim in contemplating the use of force following the use of chemical weapons in August of 2013 was not to intervene in the civil war, not to become involved in the combat between Assad and the opposition, but to deal with the threat of chemical weapons by virtue of the diplomacy that we did with Russia and with the Security Council. We were able to get the Syrian government to voluntarily and verifiably give up its chemical weapons stockpile."[/quote]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Susan rice is a clown. Do we know for fact that these were Syrian chemicals and in country after that deal was brokered? Any chance they were brought in late last year when our intelligence agencies were busy wiretapping Trump?
Quote Reply
Re: US strikes Syria [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
   No idea where specific chemicals are sourced, but there have been periodic chemical attacks since the deal was made in 2013. It was obvious when the original deal was done, with Russia setting it up, and Assad given a week to declare all his stockpiles, that this was just Eyewash. Again, my pov is that Obama just needed Russia to ensure an Iran deal, and agree to e crap deal to cover his red line comment and keep Putin happy. (Talk about collusion!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  No idea where specific chemicals are sourced, but there have been periodic chemical attacks since the deal was made in 2013. It was obvious when the original deal was done, with Russia setting it up, and Assad given a week to declare all his stockpiles, that this was just Eyewash.

I was reading an article written by a Syrian doctor now in Chicago. He said there have been about 175 chemical weapons attacks since 2013.

It was very naive if anyone thought Russia was going to do anything about the chemical weapons.
Quote Reply

Prev Next