Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone skied Chile?
Quote | Reply
Looking at expanding my range. Any recommendations for Chile? Any tips on what to avoid? Thanks.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone skied Chile? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine used to go there almost every summer to ski. Why anybody in a cold country like Canada would give up our short summer to ski was always well beyond me, and I'm a skier.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone skied Chile? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
Looking at expanding my range. Any recommendations for Chile? Any tips on what to avoid? Thanks.

My son-in-law is from Chile, he and my daughter have skied at Farellones, El Colorado, and Valle Nevado. They are about an hour outside of Santiago. I believe Farellones was more beginner-type skiing and the other places were intermediate-type runs.

Not sure when and where you are leaving from but when they head down there, it's a pretty expensive flight from the U.S. (Seems like $1,800 per ticket). We are from the Detroit and it's a little over half to fly from Toronto (about a four hour drive).
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone skied Chile? [Go Pound Sand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go Pound Sand wrote:
Crank wrote:

My son-in-law is from Chile, he and my daughter have skied at Farellones, El Colorado, and Valle Nevado. They are about an hour outside of Santiago. I believe Farellones was more beginner-type skiing and the other places were intermediate-type runs.

Not sure when and where you are leaving from but when they head down there, it's a pretty expensive flight from the U.S. (Seems like $1,800 per ticket). We are from the Detroit and it's a little over half to fly from Toronto (about a four hour drive).

Great point, thanks. I was shocked to learn just now that the cheapest and fastest flight from my San Diego to Santiago is on... *drum roll* Air Canada! (SAN to Toronto, two-hour layover, then Toronto direct to Santiago.) Amazing. Air Canada's price even beats Aeromexico's flying out of Tijuana with a layover in Mexico City (we have a pedestrian bridge in San Diego that goes to the Tijuana airport, which is adjacent to the border. I've never gone that route but I'd consider it if enough savings were on the line.)

War is god
Quote Reply