Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Finally some headway in this whole "influence the election" thing.
Quote | Reply
Recently released Huma Abedin State Department emails - acquired by Judicial Watch via FOIA request, reveal Clinton State Department staff planning to summon New York Times reporter David Brooks for an "OTR" (off the record) conversation over a "shot" he took at Hillary in a Feburary 2010 article. This isn't the first time we've learned of the Democrat apparatus wrapping their tentacles around the MSM, and it's the second time in weeks Judicial Watch has delivered a bombshell. They're doing good work.
In summary; Hillary Clinton - code named "Evergreen," fired off an email on February 9th, 2010 to advisors Philippe Reines and Jake Sullivan regarding an article written by NYT's David Brooks (links added):

To: PIR (Philippe Reines), Jake Sullivan
Subject: David Brooks

"Took a shot at me in his column today. Any ideas what prompted it?"

To which senior advisor Philippe Reines responds:

"Not sure - but this is a good excuse to bring him in for an OTR [off the record] with you. Lona mentioned you wanted to see [NYT Journalist] Tom Friedman - with your ok, we could schedule both (separately) over the next month or so.

I'd very much like to get back in the habit of bringing someone or a small group in every few weeks"

Followed by Jake Sullivan's response:

Phillippe and I had an offline conversation about this and I agree entirely. I think it makes sense for you to meet with influencers on a regular -- though not intrusive -- basis. An OTR conversation with you is the best way to help guys like Brooks 'figure out' how things work.

So a top Clinton advisor wanted to get 'back in the habit' of bringing people or groups in every few weeks? This clearly suggests the Clinton State Dept. was at some point regularly meeting with members of the MSM to discuss content. And how exactly did Hillary, assuming the 'OTR' meeting with David Brooks took place, help him to 'figure out' how things work?

Of course this is old news for those paying attention or for those not purposely playing stupid.

Now, for all of you out there who still aren't convinced that the polls are "adjusted", we present to you the following Podesta email, leaked earlier today, that conveniently spells out, in detail, exactly how to "manufacture" the desired data. The email starts out with a request for recommendations on "oversamples for polling" in order to "maximize what we get out of our media polling."

I also want to get your Atlas folks to recommend oversamples for our polling before we start in February. By market, regions, etc. I want to get this all compiled into one set of recommendations so we can maximize what we get out of our media polling.

The email even includes a handy, 37-page guide with the following poll-rigging recommendations. In Arizona, over sampling of Hispanics and Native Americans is highly recommended:

Research, microtargeting & polling projects
- Over-sample Hispanics
- Use Spanish language interviewing. (Monolingual Spanish-speaking voters are among the lowest turnout Democratic targets)
- Over-sample the Native American population

For Florida, the report recommends "consistently monitoring" samples to makes sure they're "not too old" and "has enough African American and Hispanic voters." Meanwhile, "independent" voters in Tampa and Orlando are apparently more dem friendly so the report suggests filling up independent quotas in those cities first.

- Consistently monitor the sample to ensure it is not too old, and that it has enough African American and Hispanic voters to reflect the state.
- On Independents: Tampa and Orlando are better persuasion targets than north or south Florida (check your polls before concluding this). If there are budget questions or oversamples, make sure that Tampa and Orlando are included first.

Meanwhile, it's suggested that national polls over sample "key districts / regions" and "ethnic" groups "as needed."

- General election benchmark, 800 sample, with potential over samples in key districts/regions
- Benchmark polling in targeted races, with ethnic over samples as needed
- Targeting tracking polls in key races, with ethnic over samples as needed

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Re: Finally some headway in this whole "influence the election" thing. [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's some pretty unbelievable stuff, and I have been paying attention. Hillary and the DNC have still managed to surprise me with their complete lack of ethics and morals. Not only is she a documented liar, but she was party to manipulating the press during her tenure as Secretary of State with OTR meetings and her cronies knew the election polling results were bullshit with contrived results. All that along with being fully aware of Soros paying people to be violent at Trump rallies and stage fake demonstrations all over the place.

I remember a few years ago every Dem in the Lavender room was gloating about the GOP imploding because Obama won the election. Now, it's the other way around, only worse for the DNC.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Re: Finally some headway in this whole "influence the election" thing. [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems to me that both sides are imploding.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Finally some headway in this whole "influence the election" thing. [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
annotated below:

gregtryin wrote:
That's some pretty unbelievable stuff [nah I believe it - House of Cards in real life. Maybe the show is not even as bad as it truly gets], and I have been paying attention. Hillary and the DNC have still managed to surprise me with their complete lack of ethics and morals [if you think this is limited to "the other" side you're a fool]. Not only is she a documented liar, but she was party to manipulating the press during her tenure as Secretary of State with OTR meetings and her cronies knew the election polling results were bullshit with contrived results [again, no surprises - what surprises me is the level of operational incompetence that would allow such a refined approach to polling and such disastrous strategy stemming from admittedly skewed results]. All that along with being fully aware of Soros paying people to be violent at Trump rallies and stage fake demonstrations all over the place [come again?].

I remember a few years ago every Dem in the Lavender room was gloating about the GOP imploding because Obama won the election. Now, it's the other way around [yes], only worse for the DNC [jury is out on this one I think. Yes, the DNC fucked itself and the electorate but the RNC is not necessarily winning - the DNC is losing. The Republicans control virtually all political bodies in the entire country and still the agenda seems limited to half-assed attempts at legislating on 1. abortion, 2. bathroom usage, 3. tax cuts for the rich].

Greg

Instead of crazy conspiracy theories about Soros consider this one: I'm from a reddish district in a very blue state (read: rural). Our rep is a young lady who does not and has never lived in the district. She claimed residency here at her parents seasonal lake house. She also billed herself as a "small business woman" using her foofy title at her dad's business as proof. Funny that the business itself is also not in this district. Her campaign was financed by a national conservative superPAC. Since then, she hasn't really visited us up here in "her" district and has consistently voted against the interest of her rural constituents but for a small number of pointless votes where the R's had a safe majority anyway. This story is real and well documented.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally some headway in this whole "influence the election" thing. [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait a minute...You are tellin me Trump was right????

I can't trust the polls?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get the cozy relationship with media members, that's been well documented and is something I dislike in our political system - too much liberal influence in what are assumed to be reliable, unbiased outlets.

But the polling stuff...what exactly is surprising or controversial in those revelations? The polling that was done, that was for internal DNC analysis right? It's not like Podesta is instructing the WaPo or Gallup to conduct polls with oversampling of certain demographics, right?

I don't know, I might be missing something but that seems like a non-story to me. Who cares that they oversampled certain demo's in their internal metrics? They bet on something playing out that didn't, and they lost big. They'll have to reassess for 2018 but there's nothing sinister about those e-mails to me at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally some headway in this whole "influence the election" thing. [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
annotated below:

gregtryin wrote:
That's some pretty unbelievable stuff [nah I believe it - House of Cards in real life. Maybe the show is not even as bad as it truly gets], and I have been paying attention. Hillary and the DNC have still managed to surprise me with their complete lack of ethics and morals [if you think this is limited to "the other" side you're a fool]. Not only is she a documented liar, but she was party to manipulating the press during her tenure as Secretary of State with OTR meetings and her cronies knew the election polling results were bullshit with contrived results [again, no surprises - what surprises me is the level of operational incompetence that would allow such a refined approach to polling and such disastrous strategy stemming from admittedly skewed results]. All that along with being fully aware of Soros paying people to be violent at Trump rallies and stage fake demonstrations all over the place [come again?].

I remember a few years ago every Dem in the Lavender room was gloating about the GOP imploding because Obama won the election. Now, it's the other way around [yes], only worse for the DNC [jury is out on this one I think. Yes, the DNC fucked itself and the electorate but the RNC is not necessarily winning - the DNC is losing. The Republicans control virtually all political bodies in the entire country and still the agenda seems limited to half-assed attempts at legislating on 1. abortion, 2. bathroom usage, 3. tax cuts for the rich].

Greg

consider this one: I'm from a reddish district in a very blue state (read: rural). Our rep is a young lady who does not and has never lived in the district. She claimed residency here at her parents seasonal lake house. She also billed herself as a "small business woman" using her foofy title at her dad's business as proof. Funny that the business itself is also not in this district. Her campaign was financed by a national conservative superPAC. Since then, she hasn't really visited us up here in "her" district and has consistently voted against the interest of her rural constituents but for a small number of pointless votes where the R's had a safe majority anyway. This story is real and well documented.

"Instead of crazy conspiracy theories about Soros..."

You need to read more. It's not a 'theory', it's well known. How about this, were you aware that the guy that arranged all of those protests visited Obama dozens of times in the 18-24 months preceding the election?

And the 'tit for tat' implication you are trying to posit comparing some local situation with completely unscrupulous past Secretary of State and presidential candidate is a waste of breath.

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did Hilary Clinton ever apologize for receiving the answers to the debate? Just asking?
Quote Reply