Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

LA Times four part meltdown
Quote | Reply
Bring on the tears!!!!

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-ed-our-dishonest-president/

Our Dishonest President

It was no secret during the campaign that Donald Trump was a narcissist and a demagogue who used fear and dishonesty to appeal to the worst in American voters. The Times called him unprepared and unsuited for the job he was seeking, and said his election would be a “catastrophe.”
Still, nothing prepared us for the magnitude of this train wreck. Like millions of other Americans, we clung to a slim hope that the new president would turn out to be all noise and bluster, or that the people around him in the White House would act as a check on his worst instincts, or that he would be sobered and transformed by the awesome responsibilities of office.
Instead, seventy-some days in — and with about 1,400 to go before his term is completed — it is increasingly clear that those hopes were misplaced.
In a matter of weeks, President Trump has taken dozens of real-life steps that, if they are not reversed, will rip families apart, foul rivers and pollute the air, intensify the calamitous effects of climate change and profoundly weaken the system of American public education for all.

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Re: LA Times four part meltdown [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All they are really saying is that guy is a fucking disaster and who doesn't agree with that, except you of course.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Times four part meltdown [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today's politicians (or 97% of them) seem to be criminals and/or power hungry morons who are only interested in holding on to what they have.

Sadly, most Americans see this as being ok as long as it's their candidate in power.

We're screwed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Orange Don's tweet storm tomorrow should be interesting...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I had a man crush on Trump, I'd be just as upset as you...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought the LA Times were Trump-friendly, no? Or was it just the LA Times poll that was more favorable to him during the election? I can't keep this shit straight.

I too, think that he's a trainwreck but perhaps not the worst thing since sliced bread (sliced bread is an abomination and should be outlawed. Same with shredded cheese).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bring on the tears? Who started a thread whining about media treatment of Trump. The irony is superb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you need this.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The more deranged the news media gets about President Trump, the better. That way, we (i.e. the 30+ million who voted for him) know he's doing what he promised to do to get this country back on course.

This all reminds me of the media's rabid hatred of Ronald Reagan--one of the best presidents ever.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Times four part meltdown [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
I thought the LA Times were Trump-friendly, no? Or was it just the LA Times poll that was more favorable to him during the election? I can't keep this shit straight.

I too, think that he's a trainwreck but perhaps not the worst thing since sliced bread (sliced bread is an abomination and should be outlawed. Same with shredded cheese).

Make America grate again.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: LA Times four part meltdown [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, you could go back to way earlier, like say 1933.... and given that Ronald was just acting, and couldn't follow through, you are correct.

Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:
This all reminds me of the media's rabid hatred of Ronald Reagan--one of the best presidents ever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:

Leave sliced bread out of it!

Now factory grated cheese... And that's still not as bad as people passing off filler as grated parmesan. And don't get me started on processed cheese product.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Times four part meltdown [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
SailorSam wrote:

Leave sliced "bread" out of it!

Now factory grated cheese... And that's still not as bad as people passing off filler as grated parmesan. And don't get me started on processed cheese product.

Fixed it for you ;) We're on the same page with cheese. Kraft does not make cheese. That pre-shredded shit belongs in the garbage. I won't even soil my compost pile with that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: LA Times four part meltdown [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
SailorSam wrote:

Make America grate again.

Where's TheForge? You know what's wrong with American men? Grip strength. If everyone just grated their own cheese on a good old fashioned box grater we wouldn't be raising a generation of she-men. Bonus points if your box grater has a bit of rust in the corners. Sumbitch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: LA Times four part meltdown [mdeth1313] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdeth1313 wrote:
Today's politicians (or 97% of them) seem to be criminals and/or power hungry morons who are only interested in holding on to what they have.

Sadly, most Americans see this as being ok as long as it's their candidate in power.

We're screwed.

The amount of criminal activity is insane. The only difference between American and some of the other corrupt countries is that America is better at maintaining the illusion.
Quote Reply
Re: LA Times four part meltdown [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
mdeth1313 wrote:

We're screwed.

The amount of criminal activity is insane. The only difference between American and some of the other corrupt countries is that America is better at maintaining the illusion.

That could be one thing - but I've often said that the difference is in the relative scale of the heists. In absolute terms - the amounts stolen and misappropriated (given away to cronies etc.) is staggering. However, as a % of GDP or the total fed budget it may really not be that much given just how incredibly massive the American economy is. I.e.: (i'm pulling these numbers out of my ass to illustrate the point) corruption may siphon away 5% of the fed budget and still deliver an OK product. In my home country (eastern Europe) - this number is more like 30% and the product is crap. Think billion dollar highway improvements that leave the country with no actual highway improvements. Here in the US the no-bid contract may be a few % over market rates but the roads at least get built.
Quote Reply