Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stephen King's IT (2017)
Quote | Reply
Normally horror films don't interest me that much. Last summer the modern remake was filmed in the town I work and it was interesting to see the production, I didn't give it much thought. Then I came across the trailer and WHOA. Creepy! I saw the 1986 version as a kid and it freaked me out a bit, but this looks way better. I hope they captured that 80's small town vibe that made 'Stranger Things' so poignant.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Stephen King's IT (2017) [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I absolutely loved the book IT. Except the very end when we got the reveal. I was like..WTF. This is how you explain it? Lol.

The TV version was only OK. Average.

Looks like they are putting a somewhat diff twist on re-envisioning the clown and the movie will not be the complete story but focus on the time when they were kids (which is by far the best parts of the story). It will take place in the 80's instead of the 50's.

Timing is probably good too...as creepy clowns are much more in vogue than they were 20 years ago when the TV version came out.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW7jpXrI_aY

Last edited by: Endo: Mar 30, 17 7:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Normally horror films don't interest me that much. Last summer the modern remake was filmed in the town I work and it was interesting to see the production, I didn't give it much thought. Then I came across the trailer and WHOA. Creepy! I saw the 1986 version as a kid and it freaked me out a bit, but this looks way better. I hope they captured that 80's small town vibe that made 'Stranger Things' so poignant.

Potential Spoilers*****

I have not been a fan of all the remakes, but this one does intrigue me. This movie seems to center around the kids, I don't think I saw anything in the previews with them as adults. That could be both good and bad. The adult scenes in the previous movie/book were some good stuff. The return of Henry Bowers, Stan's not returning to Derry, and the final scene with Bill and Audra riding the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Always thought The Stand should have been made into an epic, 3+ hour movie.

Was very disappoint in the mini series they made.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Stephen King's IT (2017) [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Same here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not related to this, specifically, but is Stephen King making a comeback? My parents - and therefore me, cause the books were in the house - read everything of his for years when I was a teenager/young adult; I stopped reading him when I felt that he became too prolific and my tastes in reading shifted.

I just saw that The Dark Towers' Gunslinger is also being made into a movie. I read the 1st couple/three a long, time ago, didn't realize there were 7 books in that series now. They just showed up in my e-library, I'm going to be reading them...
Quote Reply
Re: Stephen King's IT (2017) [ubdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heard it was going to be 2 films, one as kids and one as adults.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Stephen King's IT (2017) [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snoots wrote:
Not related to this, specifically, but is Stephen King making a comeback? My parents - and therefore me, cause the books were in the house - read everything of his for years when I was a teenager/young adult; I stopped reading him when I felt that he became too prolific and my tastes in reading shifted.

I just saw that The Dark Towers' Gunslinger is also being made into a movie. I read the 1st couple/three a long, time ago, didn't realize there were 7 books in that series now. They just showed up in my e-library, I'm going to be reading them...

Re-read the 1st three DT books, particularly the re-release of the Gunslinger. King modified it to tie into the rest of the series.

...and without providing spoilers, the end of the last book is awesome. I guarantee your reaction will be "holy $&@#!! I'm going to re-read the entire series."
Quote Reply
Re: Stephen King's IT (2017) [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Mini series completely SUCKED. That would be one long movie. But if done right worth it.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Stephen King's IT (2017) [TropicPlace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The cool thing about the Dark Tower is how many other of King's book are really Dark Tower books, or at least are in the Dark Tower universe, including IT.
Quote Reply
Re: Stephen King's IT (2017) [TropicPlace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TropicPlace wrote:
snoots wrote:

Re-read the 1st three DT books, particularly the re-release of the Gunslinger. King modified it to tie into the rest of the series.

...and without providing spoilers, the end of the last book is awesome. I guarantee your reaction will be "holy $&@#!! I'm going to re-read the entire series."

It's been so long, my plan is definitely to re-start at the beginning. I recall being enthralled with the story - the whole idea of our universe being contained in one cell, on one blade of grass in an infinite field of grass....

I've put a hold at the library for #1 and am excited to get started!
Quote Reply
Re: Stephen King's IT (2017) [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Mini series completely SUCKED. That would be one long movie. But if done right worth it.

I would disagree. Like many King TV adaptions, the first 1/2 - 2/3 of IT was creepy as hell and pretty well done. Tim Curry was excellent as Pennywise. It's the last 1/3 or so that brings the rest down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The trailer looks great. I haven't read a single King novel, but the official trailer got me off the couch and to the local library to pick up a copy.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply