Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Petitions - Politicians health plan
Quote | Reply
The latest petition is to have Melania move to the WH or Trump should pay for the security detail out of his own pocket. This is just another petition in a long line of them. I get why people would be upset as it costs a lot of money to basically have double the security detail to cover two locations.

The point with all these petitions is why not have one that starts with healthcare for the politicians. They should have the same plans that we have. NO special plans. The healthcare issue would be fixed a lot sooner if they had skin in the game. Easy to make policy when it does not impact you. Rant over.
Quote Reply
Re: Petitions - Politicians health plan [wdowe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wdowe wrote:
The latest petition is to have Melania move to the WH or Trump should pay for the security detail out of his own pocket. This is just another petition in a long line of them. I get why people would be upset as it costs a lot of money to basically have double the security detail to cover two locations.

The point with all these petitions is why not have one that starts with healthcare for the politicians. They should have the same plans that we have. NO special plans. The healthcare issue would be fixed a lot sooner if they had skin in the game. Easy to make policy when it does not impact you. Rant over.

Sounds like a great idea.

But starting Jan. 1, 2014, House and Senate members, and their staffs, can only obtain employer-subsidized, private coverage through the exchanges established under the ACA. The exchanges, or marketplaces, were designed for those who purchase their own insurance and small employers. For a full discussion of current health insurance options for members of Congress, see the 2015 Congressional Research Service paper “Health Benefits for Members of Congress and Designated Congressional Staff.” Over the years, we’ve seen false claims that Congress was somehow “exempt” from the health care law. But, in fact, the law places this additional requirement on Congress that doesn’t pertain to other Americans with employer-provided health care.)

http://www.factcheck.org/...members-of-congress/

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Petitions - Politicians health plan [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny. Trump wanted to pay for his own security and forego a salary. It was the dems and republicans against it in a weird example of bipartisanship. They fear it would set a dangerous precedent Of congress and other elected officials being expected to do the same and crowd out the "common man". I found that funny to.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply