Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 19 Year old kills three teens with AR15... [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:
Did you ever find the link to the interview where the girl said he was shot in the driveway?

http://abcnews.go.com/...er/story?id=46475044

Actually she says that when he got to her car he had been shot, so that doesn't confirm he was shot outside. What leaves some ambiguity is what the shooter said to the 911 dispatcher: "Two I've shot in my house." Either he shot all three in the house, and the third still ran out, leaving the shooter thinking he had missed the third, or he shot the third outside as he was fleeing and then when he called 911 only reported those he shot in the house. Presumably there will be blood (and maybe other) evidence from the person who died outside the house that would confirm where he was shot.

A small point but looks like we both could sharpen our reading/listening comprehension. :)

I think I've said it before but I was surprised 2 of the 3 went down and died close to where they were shot, it's a pretty small hole those rounds make. I got the impression he didn't know he hit the 3rd, just guessing but very possible a round('s) went through one of the other two and struck him. IMO, the info I've read early led me to the opinion he did not chase the 3rd out of the house and the subsequent info has confirmed it in my mind.

It didn't make sense to me that after firing at the intruders, knowing you struck 2 that you would run past the wounded thugs to chase the 3rd putting yourself in between them not knowing what other weapons they may have. The 911 transcript pretty well confirmed that, again, imo.

Thanks for the link, Kay.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: 19 Year old kills three teens with AR15... [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:
Did you ever find the link to the interview where the girl said he was shot in the driveway?

http://abcnews.go.com/...er/story?id=46475044

Actually she says that when he got to her car he had been shot, so that doesn't confirm he was shot outside. What leaves some ambiguity is what the shooter said to the 911 dispatcher: "Two I've shot in my house." Either he shot all three in the house, and the third still ran out, leaving the shooter thinking he had missed the third, or he shot the third outside as he was fleeing and then when he called 911 only reported those he shot in the house. Presumably there will be blood (and maybe other) evidence from the person who died outside the house that would confirm where he was shot.

A small point but looks like we both could sharpen our reading/listening comprehension. :)

I think I've said it before but I was surprised 2 of the 3 went down and died close to where they were shot, it's a pretty small hole those rounds make. I got the impression he didn't know he hit the 3rd, just guessing but very possible a round('s) went through one of the other two and struck him. IMO, the info I've read early led me to the opinion he did not chase the 3rd out of the house and the subsequent info has confirmed it in my mind.

It didn't make sense to me that after firing at the intruders, knowing you struck 2 that you would run past the wounded thugs to chase the 3rd putting yourself in between them not knowing what other weapons they may have. The 911 transcript pretty well confirmed that, again, imo.

Thanks for the link, Kay.

I would tend to agree. He probably didn't realise he shot the third guy, given that person managed to exit the house. If, alternatively, he shot him fleeing up the drive, he could be in a bit more legal jeopardy, though I still doubt it. As you say, given he holed himself up in another room, that doesn't seem like the behaviour of someone intent on killing a fleeing burglar.

Separately, while I agree with the grandfather's assessment that the boys "didn't deserve to die" it's hard to agree that the shooter should have done anything much differently (like shoot at their legs). There is a reason LEOs are taught to shoot at the chest.

Seems this was a regular thing for these kids. It's definitely a tragic story, but if you don't want to get shot at, don't rob houses. Especially don't burgle houses in a state like Oklahoma where 45% of households own a gun.
Quote Reply

Prev Next