Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Guy eating next to me...
Quote | Reply
...keeps slurping his menudo and exhaling with great effort after each spoonful.

And he's slurping his coffee too.

And he's complaining about some "age tax" hidden in "Trumpcare" (the AARP has been running radio ads saying this).

He looks to be about 400 lbs.

I'm outta here!!!

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Guy eating next to me... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here=restaurant?
Or...
Here=Kalifornia?

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Guy eating next to me... [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
Here=restaurant?
Or...
Here=Kalifornia?

Restaurant.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've noticed a larger number of people who slurp, smack their lips and chew with the mouth open over the past couple of years... I don't know if it's because I'm just started noticing it, or if peoples' manners are eroding, but man, some people are disgusting...

And don't even get me started with the number of people who take their shoes off everywhere... WTF?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
...keeps slurping his menudo and exhaling with great effort after each spoonful.

And he's complaining about some "age tax" hidden in "Trumpcare" (the AARP has been running radio ads saying this).

He looks to be about 400 lbs.

I'm outta here!!!

Menudo

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Guy eating next to me... [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, this dude was disgusting. Dumping sugar in his coffee straight from the jar, breathing with his mouth (wheezing) and bitching about having to pay for his own health insurance.

Hey you fat fuck, put the fucking spoon down and you pay for your own shitty decisions!

Btw, I'm often guilty of going shoeless. What's your issue with my bare feet?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you go into public bathrooms, that are not at the beach, in your bare feet or in your socks?

the people that go into the bathroom on the plane this way turn my stomach. then they come back and put their feet on the bulkhead on in the seat. i hate being among the public.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
do you go into public bathrooms, that are not at the beach, in your bare feet or in your socks?

Well, no. Even at the beach (if there's a bathroom (there isn't we're o usually go)) I at least put on some flip flops. There's pee on that floor! And it's not mine or mrs Duffy's. Eeewwwww.

Quote:
the people that go into the bathroom on the plane this way turn my stomach. then they come back and put their feet on the bulkhead on in the seat.

It's no different than going in with shoes on then putting your shoe clad feet on the bulkhead. Face it, flying commercial is gross.

Quote:
i hate being among the public.

Me too, almost to the point of it being a disorder.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

Well, no. Even at the beach (if there's a bathroom (there isn't we're o usually go)) I at least put on some flip flops. There's pee on that floor! And it's not mine or mrs Duffy's. Eeewwwww.

Quote:
the people that go into the bathroom on the plane this way turn my stomach. then they come back and put their feet on the bulkhead on in the seat.

It's no different than going in with shoes on then putting your shoe clad feet on the bulkhead. Face it, flying commercial is gross.

Quote:
i hate being among the public.

Me too, almost to the point of it being a disorder.

I have no issue with bare feet, where bare feet belong...

I see it more and more now on airplanes, in restaurants. I was at the library the other day and some lady had taken off her shoes to read a magazine. In the Lounge at the airport in Vancouver last week, this couple sat across from me and he actually got himself a glass of wine and then untied his boots and took them off... Who does that?

I agree, flying commercial is gross, and it's getting worse and worse...
Quote Reply
Re: Guy eating next to me... [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's the way i took your comment. at the beach, bare feet, it's supposed to be that way. if you wanna walk down the street in your bare feet, go for it. when i'm sitting next to you on the plane, on the train or bus and you take your shoes off, that's disgusting. then you start rubbing your feet before you get your snack on the plane...and eat with your food, sans silverware, i.e. snack stuff, chips, nuts, without washing your hands. i'm gagging thinking writing this.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a guy at my work who is a senior exec and has horrible table manners - chews mouth open and noisily. When I meet with him I make certain no food is involved but it's surprising to me he hasn't realized the issue given his career path (he is really good at his job I will say and a nice guy).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

You may not want to go to a noodle restaurant in China...

Quote Reply
Re: Guy eating next to me... [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Thanks for the tip.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Guy eating next to me... [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

My parents went to China in the early '80s right after it started to open up to Westerners. My dad made a big point of learning how to use chopsticks before they went. He came home equal parts annoyed and amused - I remember him saying 'If I'd known I could just hold the bowl or plate up to my face and use the chopsticks like a steam shovel I wouldn't have wasted all that time learning how to pick stuff up with them...."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

It's a show of conformity. Following the herd. Needing to be like others.
Quote Reply
Re: Guy eating next to me... [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Duffy wrote:

It's a show of conformity. Following the herd. Needing to be like others.

Being barefoot? Or hating barefoot people?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you in Bakersfield?

Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
that's the way i took your comment. at the beach, bare feet, it's supposed to be that way. if you wanna walk down the street in your bare feet, go for it. when i'm sitting next to you on the plane, on the train or bus and you take your shoes off, that's disgusting. then you start rubbing your feet before you get your snack on the plane...and eat with your food, sans silverware, i.e. snack stuff, chips, nuts, without washing your hands. i'm gagging thinking writing this.

The problem is with you. I go barefoot all the time pretty much everywhere. Why is that gross? It's just feet.

I don't get it.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Guy eating next to me... [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:
Are you in Bakersfield?

No. SB.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread brought back a strange memory from the late 70s, when I worked at the corporate offices of an electric utility company in Texas. In the company's lunch room, some guy, after finishing up eating--with a spoon--whatever was in his Tupperware container, would proceed to lick the container clean, like a dog. Everyone in the lunch room was horrified. Needless to say, the guy, who looked fairly normal in all other respects, always ate alone.
Quote Reply
Re: Guy eating next to me... [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet chicks love him.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I bet chicks love him.

Quote Reply