Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thanks Trump!!!!
Quote | Reply
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN16R2D4

Hey, if you want credit for Carrier jobs, you get credit for losing these ones.

Congrats, you Persimmon Pol Pot!

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Thanks Trump!!!! [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you read the article?
Quote Reply
Re: Thanks Trump!!!! [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did. seems like exactly the kind of closure Trump said he'd prevent. what a douche!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

It says that during the election campaign, Trump promised that he would restore the coal jobs that were lost due to Obama's environmental regulations.

Dayton Power then said that they are going to close 2 plants by June 2018 because they are not economically viable. The Company then said that as the energy industry moves away from coal, new jobs can be created to clean up the environment that coal created. In other words, they are saying the opposite of Trump who wanted to restore coal jobs.

Did I get that right?
Quote Reply
Re: Thanks Trump!!!! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

It says that during the election campaign, Trump promised that he would restore the coal jobs that were lost due to Obama's environmental regulations.

Dayton Power then said that they are going to close 2 plants by June 2018 because they are not economically viable. The Company then said that as the energy industry moves away from coal, new jobs can be created to clean up the environment that coal created. In other words, they are saying the opposite of Trump who wanted to restore coal jobs.

Did I get that right?

I started a thread along these lines a few weeks ago saying that Trump was full of it regarding his promise of the return of coal jobs. Its an industry already in irreversible long term decline and as well as like almost every body else - introducing more automation.
Quote Reply
Re: Thanks Trump!!!! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No one mentioning the Sierra Club being st the negotiating table for some fucking reason? The utility not being able to raise rates to pay to make it a cleaner plant? No one? Just skipping that part are we?
Quote Reply
Re: Thanks Trump!!!! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually it was the President of a local bank who stated new jobs cleaning up the environment but don't let that confuse you.

The Coal Industry is dying because of environmental regulations, pushed through by Obama's activist EPA who worked closely with nutty environmental groups who are now going after natural gas, the very source that is replacing coal.

Why is this thread full of Canucks? Did they shut down the tar sands yet?

Sanuk wrote:

Did I get that right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
No one mentioning the Sierra Club being st the negotiating table for some fucking reason? The utility not being able to raise rates to pay to make it a cleaner plant? No one? Just skipping that part are we?

Why should the utilities get to raise rates? For their investors? That's just like the consumers being taxed. Being a republican I know you hate taxes. Why do you hate America. Why should Americans pay for the company to clean up their mess?
Quote Reply
Re: Thanks Trump!!!! [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is this thread full of Canucks? Did they shut down the tar sands yet?

And the trend continues...

When Trump supporters have run out of ways to defend Trump, they turn to,

1) but, but Hiilary...
2) but, but Obama...
3) Look over there...(insert wire-tapping, crowd size, the lying media)
4) why are so many foreigners so interested in our election...

Quote Reply
Re: Thanks Trump!!!! [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
windywave wrote:

Why should the utilities get to raise rates? For their investors? That's just like the consumers being taxed. Being a republican I know you hate taxes. Why do you hate America. Why should Americans pay for the company to clean up their mess?

Still not a Republican

Please explain how a regulated power market and/or utility operates with special attention paid to the setting of utility rates. After that please discuss how that applies to the present situation. For extra credit please explain WHY THE FUCK THE SIERRA CLUB IS INVOLVED.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually it was the President of a local bank who stated new jobs cleaning up the environment but don't let that confuse you.

So you believe coal jobs are coming back to America?

Quote Reply
Re: Thanks Trump!!!! [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
windywave wrote:

You probably didn't finish high school yet when I was an auditor with a very large municipal run utility. Would it surprise you to learn that unlike for profit utilities, municipal ones in Florida and it turns out Arizona do not need permission from state utility commissions to raise rates? Nor were we subject to the same consumer protection mandates that for profit utilities were. You know why? Because in theory, we were beholden to a commission that has political appointees or elected officials on it. So unlike blood sucking for profit utilities the rights of the citizenry are protected by the commission and there is no need for a silly state run middleman to protect the interest of the consumer. But would it also surprise you to know that our rates were second only to one other utility in the state? That's right, we had the second highest rates by a long shot. So much so we made 400 million in profits after operating costs for a utility that only supplied power to 300,000 customers after capital and operating reserves about 75,000. So that is basically 475 million in profit after operating expense. You know where that profit went? We sent on average 350-450 million a year back to the city of Orlando so they could do whatever they wanted with it. Often to offset deficiencies that could only be met by raising property taxes, even though there were customers in orange county and St Cloud that paid our higher rates than they paid before we acquired their power lines.

Did you know that Orlando is one of the few cities in Florida run by democrats? And certainly the largest. In fairness, most Cities in Florida on non-partisan, but not Orlando. So not only do you have gov't, but a gov't run by democrats sticking it to customers far worse than evil for profit companies.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Coal Industry is dying because of environmental regulations, pushed through by Obama's activist EPA who worked closely with nutty environmental groups who are now going after natural gas, the very source that is replacing coal.

Regardless, natural gas production went way up during the Obama administration. Are you saying that environmental groups are going to shut it down under Trump?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

I am not questioning who or what is responsible for this closure. I am just stating that if a Trump is going to take credit for saving Carrier jobs, which he had nothing to do with, he should get the blame fir losing these ones.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply