Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Woe to you, oh Earth and sea, for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath Because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast For it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six
Quote | Reply
Iron Maiden's The Number of The Beast album turned 35 years old!

I was 11 years old living in Spokane, WA and can distinctly remember the first time heard this album, and to this day I risk blowing out a speaker anytime one of the songs comes on the radio or across my playlist.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Woe to you, oh Earth and sea, for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath Because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast For it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Maiden's cover of "Run To The Hills".

Got floor tickets to see them in Philly in June.. can't wait!
Quote Reply
Re: Woe to you, oh Earth and sea, for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath Because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast For it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha ha, that's hilarious!

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: Woe to you, oh Earth and sea, for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath Because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast For it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of my favorite (if not my favorite) lines from a song is in that.

I'm coming back I will return
And I'll possess your body and I'll make you burn
I have the fire I have the force
I have the power to make my evil take its course

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Recently got back into listening to them (credit to Hellsongs for that) and its been good.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Woe to you, oh Earth and sea, for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath Because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast For it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
I love Maiden's cover of "Run To The Hills".

That's only slightly less offensive than the Official video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86URGgqONvA

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She denies it to this day, but I'm still convinced that my mother purposely threw out my Number of the Beast shirt when I was a kid. My No Prayer for the Dying shirt suffered a similar, mysterious fate, but I was far less attached to that one.

The Number of the Beast was also part of an exclusive club of cassette tapes that I physically wore out, alongside Master of Puppets, Shout at the Devil, and Licensed to Ill.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Woe to you, oh Earth and sea, for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath Because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast For it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My parents would not let me wear any Maiden shirts. but for my recent 46th birthday my kids got me the Powerslave shirt! It's all worked out at the end.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Last edited by: mck414: Mar 22, 17 14:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The confounding thing, for me, was that my parents were very reasonable people - certainly not prude or overly-religious. I got away with saying and doing things that were far worse than wearing an Iron Maiden shirt out of the house.

For some reason, Eddie's likeness on my clothes crossed that arbitrary line. I'm holding out hope for a confession sometime in the next 30 years.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I currently have, and still wear, Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, and Killers.

BTW, I have tickets on the floor for Maiden in Philly, June 4th! Ghost is opening, and those guys are f'ing awesome!

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Woe to you, oh Earth and sea, for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath Because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast For it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
BTW, I have tickets on the floor for Maiden in Philly,

Can't be anything like the Dirty Ol' Spectrum

http://www.setlist.fm/...hia-pa-33d3d839.html

http://www.setlist.fm/...hia-pa-53d3abb9.html

Quote Reply
Re: Woe to you, oh Earth and sea, for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath Because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast For it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
BTW, I have tickets on the floor for Maiden in Philly, June 4th! Ghost is opening, and those guys are f'ing awesome!

See you there!

(Still on the fence re: Ghost)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great album. I will listen to it on the slog home from work today.
Quote Reply
Re: Woe to you, oh Earth and sea, for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath Because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast For it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, that 1985 set looked good!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:

That's filthy!

(Shady gettin a riser just looking at it..:)
Quote Reply
Re: Woe to you, oh Earth and sea, for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath Because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast For it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shady wrote:
BarryP wrote:

That's filthy!

Yeah, that was something else [from what I remember]

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
My parents would not let me wear any Maiden shirts. but for my recent 46th birthday my kids got me the Powerslave shirt! It's all worked out at the end.

One of my brother's friends nicknamed me Powerslave in high school. I still listen to them at the gym. Although if I'm being completely honest some of their songs have a bit of a gay, musically feel to them. Don't know why I get that sense with some of them but I do, just a bit too theatrical.
Quote Reply
Re: Woe to you, oh Earth and sea, for the Devil sends the Beast with wrath Because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast For it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This tour they'll be playing 6 songs off of their new album, so not quite as good of a set, though the new album is actually really good (well, half of it is). They'll still get to some of the big hits. "The Trooooooper! Chshhh Chshhh Chshhh Da da dadadaw da da dadadaaw da da dadadaw da da da dah."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did you think of the show?

I thought they did a kickass job.. lots of (maybe a little too much?) Book of Souls stuff but a great time overall.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talk about yin and yang.
Bruce belting out some amazing metal- igniting an audience of energy.
And his other job- strapped in cock pit seat for hours on end. Having to deal in entitled zombie passengers, their comfort dogs and a book of FAA rules.
Quote Reply