Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Somebody was getting some extra credit for Anatomy class [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rodred wrote:
I dont understand these women. They could literally walk into any bar and hold up a sign announcing they are looking for a fuck buddy and have 50 offers to choose from but instead they go to underage students. Insecurity? Daddy issues? Afraid of grown men? Power trip? WTF.

Forbidden fruit is always the sweetest.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody was getting some extra credit for Anatomy class [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
macbain_tri wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Her fuck buddy is 17. She should not be hauled in and face criminal charges.

I swear, this country is way too uptight about sex.

The main issue I see here is that he was her student, not his age. Even if he was 18 she should be in trouble for fucking her student.

She should be fired, not prosecuted.

If it was a man he'd be proscecuted. I see no difference.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody was getting some extra credit for Anatomy class [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Duffy wrote:
macbain_tri wrote:
Duffy wrote:

The main issue I see here is that he was her student, not his age. Even if he was 18 she should be in trouble for fucking her student.

I do see a difference. Men and women aren't the same.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody was getting some extra credit for Anatomy class [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Duffy wrote:
macbain_tri wrote:
Duffy wrote:

I do see a difference. Men and women aren't the same.

Women demand equality (and don't get me wrong, I am all for that).

No problem. Here's some equality.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody was getting some extra credit for Anatomy class [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Women demand equality...

No they don't. They demand special treatment but call it equality. Women never say what they actually mean. You should know this by now.

FWIW, I don't think a 26 yo guy banging a 17 yo girl should automatically be prosecuted either, but that's another discussion.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody was getting some extra credit for Anatomy class [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
outerlimit wrote:

... I was propositioned by a male piano teacher but I don't really know if he was serious or joking. I politely declined and never spoke of it again.

Wait, hold the phone. Are you a dude? If not, why would a gay man hit on a straight man? I mean, I've overheard gay men talk about how hot I was and how they would love to turn me, but they never hit on me directly. One was a waiter who used to give me and my wife free drinks and he used to talk about how hot I was to my wife. But WHY WOULD A GAY MAN HIT ON AN OBVIOUSLY STRAIGHT MAN? Is it the part about majoring in music?

Here is some background. Yes I'm a guy. When I signed up for college dorms you can choose your roommate and which wing you want to live on. I didn't know a soul there and didn't know anything about different wings so I didn't request anything. I ended up on the gay wing of my dorm. By the end of the semester I made enough friends that even though I am straight I stayed on the gay wing. Because of this some people assumed that I was gay. I don't think my piano teacher knew this but it is possible he asked around and someone told him I was gay. A platonic female friend of mine who also had the same piano teacher told me that he hit on her as well. Then at the last recital of the semester this piano teacher made obscene gestures mimicking oral sex to several of his male and female students. He wasn't performing but what he did was when everyone was watching the performers he looked around and when he saw one of his students looking his way he'd start with the obscene gestures. The whole thing was just bizarre. My friend thought he was trying to get fired but I didn't know what to think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW, I don't think a 26 yo guy banging a 17 yo girl should automatically be prosecuted either, but that's another discussion
---

And they're not prosecuting that in this case either. The crime is teacher on student sexual relations. Age is irrelevant in this case, but still used as a means to media clickbait discussions (as is the fact that she's smiling in the mug shot- irrelevant but makes for a story to get people talking and clicking).

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
Women demand equality...

No they don't. They demand special treatment but call it equality. Women never say what they actually mean. You should know this by now.

FWIW, I don't think a 26 yo guy banging a 17 yo girl should automatically be prosecuted either, but that's another discussion.

There are actually times when when something that is completely equal it isn't completely fair. Sometimes you do have to make allowances for gender differences. As a feminist I always have said I am for equitable treatment of the genders rather than equal treatment.

I do agree with you that there should be no difference here. Most people are biased toward seeing men as predators and women as victims and would be harsher on a man who had inappropriate relations than a woman. In the best of all possible worlds we would look at the mental maturity of the person rather than calendar age but that can be way too arbitrary to use as law.

I think that law enforcement should sometimes use discretion. If justice isn't being served by arresting someone than they shouldn't even if they are guilty by the letter of the law. In Michigan there was a case where a 18 year old high school senior got his 16 year old girlfriend pregnant. The girl's parents didn't want the boy prosecuted. The guy actually married his GF but has a rape conviction on his record and has to register as a sex offender everywhere he lives. The girl was more than 2 years his junior so by the letter of the law he was guilty of statutory rape but in this case prosecution was an injustice rather than justice. The cop could have shown discretion and not arrested. The prosecutor could have shown discretion and not charge the guy. The court could have shown discretion and refused to hear the case. Finally the jury could have shown discretion and not found him guilty. At every point in the chain they made the wrong choice.
Last edited by: outerlimit: Mar 24, 17 8:46
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody was getting some extra credit for Anatomy class [outerlimit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
As a feminist...

This qualifier has absolutely no meaning to me.

+1 to the rest of your post.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next