Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump wrote off $100 million in business losses [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Rodred wrote:
You are owed nothing of the sort. You might want his returns, you might desire them but you are owed zero.

I have the right to know if he has conflicts of interest that could sway his decisions as POTUS, to the detriment of the US. You do too. Not sure why you seem willing to give him a pass when there are legitimate questions being asked about his ties to foreign individuals and entities.

I agree with your sentiment, but you wouldn't get that information from his tax returns. Perhaps from his corporate annual report if it is done by auditors, but not his tax return.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump wrote off $100 million in business losses [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Just so I understand: if Trump owed $100million to a Russian bank, and he effected policy that profited that bank, which subsequently changed the terms of the loan to benefit Trump, you are okay with that?

If Trump had a stake in some business venture, and ordered the Justice Department to drop any investigations of a certain type that happened to include that business venture, you are okay with that?

If Trump owned a hotel that was having labor issues, and he appointed members of the Labor Relations Board who sided with him on issues related to that hotel, you are okay with that?

Do you understand what "conflict of interest" means?

Yet none of that could be divined from his personal tax return.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump wrote off $100 million in business losses [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
-i do think it's worth seeing what his financial entanglements with other countries look like. to me this is actually important, not just titillating, and has some real bearing on conflict of interest etc., especially given his apparent ignorance around things like blind trusts.

How little or not of what Trump paid in taxes is and is not important depending your view point. If he was a private citizen the interest would start/stop there.

But Trump is now the President of the United States, and sitting in an extraordinarily influential position (or one to be influenced!). This is a whole other kettle of fish - it's all the above that is important now. As an example it's alleged that the Deutsche Bank holds a sizable loan of Trumps. What if there is some political problem or issue with Germany? What if there are trade issues that could come up with Germany? What if the German economy and the Deutsche Bank, really start to go downhill? What then? Dealing with Donald Trump the private citizen/client is fairly straight forward. But if some of the previous mentioned scenarios arise and Trump is the President of the United States - how does that impact things?

Trump seems to prefer that we don't know anything - which if someone's a generally trustworthy person, I'd be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt - but this is Donald Trump who we know lies frequently, and just makes up stuff almost as much!

Do you know anything about Deutsche Bank? They are essentially an American bank. Google Banker's Trust and then you'll see why that is a really silly example.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who the fuck cares about Maxine Waters or some bank, in a thread about Trump's potential conflicts of interest?

Is this "But what about..." thing going to go on forever?

It's getting really tiring to constantly hear these kind of responses. It doesn't matter what you write about Trump, guys like Rodred will find an example of something similar, even if remotely, that occurred in the last 100 years under a Democrat President, and ask if you were similarly outraged. If not, watch out for the expletives.

I started raising questions about potential conflicts of interest or hiding things that could impact foreign relations and instead of a reasonable discussion, it quickly devolved into nothing but name calling. It is pathetic.

Quote Reply
Re: Trump wrote off $100 million in business losses [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I'm deflecting nothing. You are your type are fucking hypocrites. Clear enough? You sat and said shit while the Constitution and our country was being dragged down the toilet just suddenly your pussy hurts over meaningless topics. Man the fuck up and admit your being nothing more than an argumentative, hypocritical progressive hack and maybe you won't get so confused ever time some calls your ridiculous ass out.

Umm, maybe I didn't say anything during the Obama years had something to do with me not being on ST until 2013. For 2014 I was on a bike trip and for 2015 and part of 2016 I was in Thailand and the Philippines. Kind of hard to keep up on all the Constitutional violations when I wasn't even here.

But, carry on.

Maybe you should go back and look at the myriad of posts you made on news and politics in the US from day one. Pretty sad and 100% inaccurate excuse since its obvious that aside from the times you may have been in the middle of nowhere, you pay close attention to whats hoing on here. Ive come to expect better of you but it appears you are slipping big time.

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Last edited by: Rodred: Mar 16, 17 2:55
Quote Reply
Re: Trump wrote off $100 million in business losses [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Rodred wrote:
You are owed nothing of the sort. You might want his returns, you might desire them but you are owed zero.

I have the right to know if he has conflicts of interest that could sway his decisions as POTUS, to the detriment of the US. You do too. Not sure why you seem willing to give him a pass when there are legitimate questions being asked about his ties to foreign individuals and entities.

I agree with your sentiment, but you wouldn't get that information from his tax returns. Perhaps from his corporate annual report if it is done by auditors, but not his tax return.

Where did those $103,201,242 in negative income come from? Did Donald Trump personally write off that much, or was it based on his businesses?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
windywave wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Rodred wrote:

Where did those $103,201,242 in negative income come from? Did Donald Trump personally write off that much, or was it based on his businesses?

Probably was a personal loss on an investment that flowed to his personal return.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Who the fuck cares about Maxine Waters or some bank, in a thread about Trump's potential conflicts of interest?

It's getting really tiring to constantly hear these kind of responses. It doesn't matter what you write about Trump, guys like Rodred will find an example of something similar, even if remotely, that occurred in the last 100 years under a Democrat President, and ask if you were similarly outraged. If not, watch out for the expletives.

I started raising questions about potential conflicts of interest or hiding things that could impact foreign relations and instead of a reasonable discussion, it quickly devolved into nothing but name calling. It is pathetic.

So basically what your issue is, no individual who has worked in business may be allowed to run for office. Seems to about sum things up. Question, why is it now an issue with Trump when it wasn't an issue with our previous Presidents, with the exception of Obama who never held a real job in a his life. We're you not concerned about Hillary's conflicts of interest? There were many.

I'm completely amazed at the lack of intelligence coming from the left. We are 50 days or so into Trump's Presidency and the crazy continues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

More lies. Not the last 100 years but within the last year and including the last 10. That's not that long ago. Start being intellectually honest and maybe you wouldn't be getting called out so frequently.

~
Quote Reply
Re: Trump wrote off $100 million in business losses [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

So basically what your issue is, no individual who has worked in business may be allowed to run for office. Seems to about sum things up. Question, why is it now an issue with Trump when it wasn't an issue with our previous Presidents, with the exception of Obama who never held a real job in a his life. We're you not concerned about Hillary's conflicts of interest? There were many.

I'm completely amazed at the lack of intelligence coming from the left. We are 50 days or so into Trump's Presidency and the crazy continues.

Nothing like what Sanuk has been saying, but it's no surprise you would want to make stuff up and make huge logical leaps rather than address his points.

It's amazing how intellectually small some of the Trump supporters are here. As I said earlier, Hilary had many apparent conflicts of interest that in my mind disqualified her from being president (or at least from my vote). How is it that many Trump supporters have no intellectual curiosity that maybe he too has conflicts of interest we should know about. Not only do you (the collective you) seem to lack that curiosity, many are only capable of devolving their comments to saying things like "Sanuk is undeserving of a response". It's intellectually small.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump wrote off $100 million in business losses [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sad and 100% inaccurate excuse since its obvious that aside from the times you may have been in the middle of nowhere, you pay close attention to whats hoing on here. Ive come to expect better of you but it appears you are slipping big time.

Trump has had 2 years to release them and put an end to the speculation but he is choosing not to. He then complains about the media always keeping this in the news. He is responsible for that and many of his supporters don't see it because it's easier to blame the media, or Obama, or Clinton.

I still haven't heard a single good reason for him not to release them and the fact that he is confirmation that he uses things like this to distract from real issues. Where are his tweets on North Korea, or the Iranian nuclear arms deal he said he was going to rip up on Day 1, or how he is going to fight ISIS, or how to deal with China's recent aggression in the West China Sea or on improving the falling education levels or on improving infrastructure. it is early and there are a lot of issues but his insistence in keeping the tax return and "wire-tapping" nonsense on the front page is pure BS and everyone should stop trying to give him a free pass.

But what the hell do I know, I'm slipping big time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rodred wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

More lies. Not the last 100 years but within the last year and including the last 10. That's not that long ago. Start being intellectually honest and maybe you wouldn't be getting called out so frequently.

So he makes a point with obvious exaggeration for effect, and all you can do is pick at his obvious exaggeration. As I said above, intellectually small.

You congratulated me on being willing to admit that Hilary likely has potential conflicts of interest and yet you aren't willing to say the same about Trump. Lift yourself above the level of a partisan hack for a moment and enter some real debate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
-i do think it's worth seeing what his financial entanglements with other countries look like. to me this is actually important, not just titillating, and has some real bearing on conflict of interest etc., especially given his apparent ignorance around things like blind trusts.

How little or not of what Trump paid in taxes is and is not important depending your view point. If he was a private citizen the interest would start/stop there.

But Trump is now the President of the United States, and sitting in an extraordinarily influential position (or one to be influenced!). This is a whole other kettle of fish - it's all the above that is important now. As an example it's alleged that the Deutsche Bank holds a sizable loan of Trumps. What if there is some political problem or issue with Germany? What if there are trade issues that could come up with Germany? What if the German economy and the Deutsche Bank, really start to go downhill? What then? Dealing with Donald Trump the private citizen/client is fairly straight forward. But if some of the previous mentioned scenarios arise and Trump is the President of the United States - how does that impact things?

Trump seems to prefer that we don't know anything - which if someone's a generally trustworthy person, I'd be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt - but this is Donald Trump who we know lies frequently, and just makes up stuff almost as much!

Okay. So let's amend the US Constitution and it's qualifications for the position. And you'll essentially stop anyone else, outside of career politicians, from running for the position.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump wrote off $100 million in business losses [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Because I have information about the president doesn’t mean that it’s necessarily a scandal,” Maddow told the Associated Press on Wednesday. “It doesn’t mean that it’s damning information. If other people leapt to that conclusion without me indicating that it was, that hype is external to what we did.”

Lol what a clown

~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lol what a clown

Really?

Viewed individually, it's not that damning - he made this much - he paid that much in taxes. Some may be outraged that he only paid that much in taxes - but, I know the ultra-rich have ways of cooking the books in their favor!

But is it not even slightly concerning to you about what may be hidden away in the rest of the tax return information? Tax return information that all previous presidents, my understanding did hand over for proper scrutiny.

We assume and hope for nothing sinister - but again, this is Donald Trump - who lies, and spreads mis-information like the rest of us breath! Who's been known to be running close to the legal edge with some of his businesses, and who's filed for bankruptcy several times. It's been reported that, he's got debts stashed all over the place in various countries and banks around the world as well as business interests - which he's still not divested himself of or moved sufficiently away from according to ethics experts.

You are OK with all that?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Mar 16, 17 10:58
Quote Reply
Re: Trump wrote off $100 million in business losses [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay. So let's amend the US Constitution and it's qualifications for the position. And you'll essentially stop anyone else, outside of career politicians, from running for the position.

No, not suggesting that.

What I find fascinating with so much of this Trump stuff, this is a good one ( the no-show of the tax returns), the whole Russian thing is another, and the many others - is the collective shoulder shrug from Trump supporters.

The Russians meddled in your election. Potentially impacting the outcome. The President may have financial dealings with other countries that may cloud/influence his decisions. This is all OK? Don't you at least want to get to the bottom of these issues and found out what has and what really is going on? Or are these just waved off and swept under the rug?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Trump wrote off $100 million in business losses [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So basically what your issue is, no individual who has worked in business may be allowed to run for office. Seems to about sum things up.

How on earth do you jump from someone thinking the President should disclose his tax returns to ensure there are no conflicts of interest to "no individual who has worked in business may be allowed to run for office." That's quite a leap.

Question, why is it now an issue with Trump when it wasn't an issue with our previous Presidents, with the exception of Obama who never held a real job in a his life.

Actually, this has nothing to do with Obama since he disclosed his returns. The better comparison would be Mitt Romney who worked in business and who disclosed his tax returns, so there goes that argument. By the way, I wanted Romney to win in 2012 and to run in 2016 because he was a successful businessman and didn't have anything to hide.

We're you not concerned about Hillary's conflicts of interest? There were many.

I'm not sure why you and Rodred keep bringing up Hilary, she is not now or has ever been the President. You guys have to let her go. By the way, we do know about the Clintons conflicts because they released their tax returns and that of the Foundation.

Based on your arguments in this post, I think your amazement is misplaced. You still haven't offered a single good explanation for why Trump hasn't filed his return. Sad.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Mar 16, 17 11:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But is it not even slightly concerning to you about what may be hidden away in the rest of the tax return information? Tax return information that all previous presidents, my understanding did hand over for proper scrutiny.

Plus, the only tax return is 2005, lots could have happened since then. My guess is that the Whitehouse released that year because it didn't have any problems. Now they can say they "released" them and say the story is over without them addressing it at all. My argument is that since 2005 is public and it shows Trump made a lot of money and paid according to the Tax Code, then why not release the rest of them? You would think that asking that isn't something that would cause such an uproar.

We assume and hope for nothing sinister - but again, this is Donald Trump - who lies, and spreads mis-information like the rest of us breath! Who's been known to be running close to the legal edge with some of his businesses, and who's filed for bankruptcy several times. It's been reported that, he's got debts stashed all over the place in various countries and banks around the world as well as business interests - which he's still not divested himself of or moved sufficiently away from according to ethics experts.

You are OK with all that?

I don't remember you asking that about Hilary or that you were so outraged over the last 8 years of constant lies. YOU'RE A HYPOCRITE.

p.s. - Did you hear that "Obama" "wire-tapped" Trump but when he refers to Obama he could mean anyone and the definition of "wire-tap" could be anything.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
What I find fascinating with so much of this Trump stuff, this is a good one ( the no-show of the tax returns), the whole Russian thing is another, and the many others - is the collective shoulder shrug from Trump supporters.
The Russians meddled in your election. Potentially impacting the outcome. The President may have financial dealings with other countries that may cloud/influence his decisions. This is all OK? Don't you at least want to get to the bottom of these issues and found out what has and what really is going on? Or are these just waved off and swept under the rug?

The shoulder shrug isn't so much for what Trump did/does, but the ridiculous reaction by the Left. Much like the "But Hillary..." isn't about justifying what Trump may have done, but an incredulous reaction to the Left's overreaction to it considering the shoulder shrug that they gave her actions.

What do you mean by meddled? Effected voter fraud? Deceived voters? I don't think so. I assume that Russia and every country tries to influence the US elections, it's in their best interest, but I don't think anyone (except the Left) is recruiting homeless people to go vote. ;-)

What is the big accusation? That they hacked and leaked DNC emails that show how the DNC was rigging the primaries for Hillary?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes really. Read her last sentence. She was all over social media screaming like the clown she is about this super secret damning document she illegally came across. Then when it blows up in her face she pretends she wasn't claiming exactly what she was claiming. She's the Ken of the crazy left hateful lying "media".

~
Quote Reply

Prev Next