Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Black mirror netflix
Quote | Reply
Watched the first episode last week, the whole pig fuck thing was brutal. Left me curious to pick up on episode 2. WTF happened...I've tried finishing the 2nd episode for three nights now and it just sucks?

Is the whole show all over the place like this?
Quote Reply
Re: Black mirror netflix [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a good thread on this already. Ep 1 is by far the most disturbing and ep 2 is my least favorite of either season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a few threads on this show.

It IS all over the map. Each episode is completely different. The only link is they are all very dark, and set vaguely in the "near future" and more or less warn about this misuse of social media in one form or another in a sort of 'tales from the crypt' or 'twilight zone' fashion. The director likened the series to a box of mixed dark chocolates.

S1E1 is an intense introduction to the show for sure. It is one of the more intense episodes in the series. Some are a bit boring, some are downright gut-twistingly difficult to watch, some scary. I loved most of it. There is maybe one bad episode per season. The Christmas special is ok too.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Black mirror netflix [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll keep powering through then. Please tell me episode 2 is the bad episode in season one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't mind it, but I seem to be the only one that feels that way.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't remember which was episode 2, but it definitely is up and down. There are moments of philosophical brilliance and moments where the premise seems well thought out and the execution leaves you to nothing more than banging your head in frustration.

SkipG wrote:
I'll keep powering through then. Please tell me episode 2 is the bad episode in season one.
Quote Reply
Re: Black mirror netflix [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hot Shots or something like that, the talent show episode where they are riding stationary bikes Hal the episode.

MidwestRoadie wrote:
I don't remember which was episode 2, but it definitely is up and down. There are moments of philosophical brilliance and moments where the premise seems well thought out and the execution leaves you to nothing more than banging your head in frustration.

SkipG wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just be prepared to be depressed. Even the really good episodes left me with a feeling of "is this where we're really headed?" All good episodes, some far better than others.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Black mirror netflix [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Just be prepared to be depressed. Even the really good episodes left me with a feeling of "is this where we're really headed?" All good episodes, some far better than others.

"Entertainment" that leaves you feeling depressed. Where do I sign up?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply