Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Big Green Egg?
Quote | Reply
Are you using a Big Green Egg? I am thinking about buying one, but see there are other manufacturer's out there that make a similar product. Anyone have experience with the Big Green Egg, it's competitors, or other grills that you prefer?
Quote Reply
Re: Big Green Egg? [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, cant say enough about it!

Mine isn't green though...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hard to follow Duffy's post.

I have the Komodo, which is Costco's version of the egg. Had it about 5 years, no issues. I love the thing. It has taken my BBQ to a new level.

http://www.bbqguys.com/...Grills_Kamado%20BBQs

Quote | Reply
My brother n law knows his way around the kitchen and grill pretty well. He's had a green egg for a couple of years now and loves it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get the Kamado Joe. It has several features that are superior to the Green Egg.

I worked several years with the founder/owner of the company- so I might be biased. If you have any issues, Bobby will take care of them or personally see that they are taken care.

Take a look at the BBQ forums- there are as many special people there as there are here, they all stack up fairly similarly on performance, so it comes down to features, after purchase service and cost. I think you will find the Kamado Joe stacks up very well, if not best, in all areas.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Vision from Sam's Club, quite a bit less money than the BGE. I was able to get a larger size that way, and more features, like a stand with wheels, side folding tables, double-grid, etc. and still less money. The Vision seals and vents are not quite as air-tight as the BGE, which makes it a bit harder to keep the temps low for a long smoke, like 225 degrees. I can usually hold it at 235-250, as long as I catch the heat on the way up. With the larger size and fire box I can still hold the temps easily for 14 hours or more without adding charcoal. I can also easily get it over 700 degrees to sear. I absolutely love mine, it's a game changer. Well worth the investment.

My brother has a Kamoda Joe, as was mentioned, and I would echo what was said. I'd get that over the BGE. You pay for the BGE name, but think others have better features. For the same price range as BGE I'd rather go Kamaod Joe as was mentioned. But in my case with 4 children going with Vision allowed me to get a larger grill.

Ceramic grills are awesome! Extremely versatile.
Quote Reply