Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: WaPo Liars [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bretom wrote:
H- wrote:
Quote:
when was that discredited?

If you are asking, I don't think I'll be able to explain it to you.

Cute. Try me. I admit it's unfair to try to prove a negative but nothing in the dossier has been proven to be untrue and as I outlined in my postabove, a terrifying amount has been given credibility by facts that have come to light since it was first published.

There was true stuff in a memo Dan Rather reported on. Ask him how that went. But hey, no such thing as fake news I guess.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: WaPo Liars [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
tigermilk wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
So, what do you think was the motivation for the Russian ambassador to meet Sessions in his office during the election campaign?

Do you think it was because,

A) Sessions is one of 100 U.S Senators (none of the other 99 met with the Ambassador in their office during the election)
B) Sessions was a member of the Armed Services Committee (none of the other 25 met with the Russian Ambassador)
C) They were discussing the U.S sanctions against Russia that Obama had in place
D) Other

E) Best donut shops in the DC area for when Vlad visits

F) Having a threesome with Sen. McCaskill.

G) Nancy Pelosi canceled her meeting with Kislyak.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Bretom wrote:
H- wrote:
Quote:
when was that discredited?

If you are asking, I don't think I'll be able to explain it to you.

Cute. Try me. I admit it's unfair to try to prove a negative but nothing in the dossier has been proven to be untrue and as I outlined in my postabove, a terrifying amount has been given credibility by facts that have come to light since it was first published.

There was true stuff in a memo Dan Rather reported on. Ask him how that went. But hey, no such thing as fake news I guess.

In other words, you got nothing at all...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
   Redstate goes off on the NYT. NYT had a Sessions piece that included the McCaskill quote about never meeting a Russian ambassador, then when the photo showed up disproving her statement, the Times removed her quote from the article, without ever noting the change. I kind of go meh, but Eric Ericson sees it as a great example of why people distrust the MSM.
-
http://www.redstate.com/...claim-without-trace/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Dan Rather's back and reporting on Sessions?

Cool.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Mar 3, 17 18:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You mean the mainstream media uses creative editing to support their biases? Who knew?

Don

Tri-ing to have fun. Anything else is just a bonus!
Quote Reply
Re: WaPo Liars [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, that's really crappy.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
Redstate goes off on the NYT. NYT had a Sessions piece that included the McCaskill quote about never meeting a Russian ambassador, then when the photo showed up disproving her statement, the Times removed her quote from the article, without ever noting the change. I kind of go meh, but Eric Ericson sees it as a great example of why people distrust the MSM.
-

That is a good article. I'm an idiot for going a day with my opinion just based on a short video clip that WaPo posted. Stupid me. Luckily my 15 minuted afternoon drive coincided with Rush Limbaugh explaining the context of the question put to Sessions.

More articles about the fake news epidemic at the main stream media:

Victor Davis Hanson with good overall commentary about the grave the media is digging for itself.

The Federalist. sixteen fake news stories that have run since Trump won

Trump has a problem with the truth? Hah, liberals are the biggest liars.

________
Quote Reply
Re: WaPo Liars [Tri2HaveFun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri2HaveFun wrote:
You mean the mainstream media uses creative editing to support their biases? Who knew?

You prove that the lavender room is a nice place. You said that when you could have just called me an idiot.

________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
The Federalist. sixteen fake news stories that have run since Trump won

Alright, so I clicked on your link. It's a bit sensationalist - it talks about "viral" stories that are getting some thousands or tens of thousands of tweets/retweets/reacharounds. And fer-cryin'-out-loud I bet some of Duffy's gifs get more attention than that.

And not that I'm a news junkie, but the only one of these that I'd heard of and hadn't immediately dismissed as BS was the Devos grizzly story (which I heard during a live broadcast of the hearing, and which was shocking and amusing when heard live, in context). Your link dismisses it as fake news but seriously, you can listen to it many places (like here:http://www.cnn.com/...trol-comment-sot.cnn and decide for yourself whether she has a firm grasp on reality or not. There's a reason she was mocked for this, and it has nothing to do with fake news.

And I'm certainly not one to defend the media (liberal or otherwise), but any comparison of these tabloid stories to what we've heard coming out of the mouth of a sitting president is silly.

Contrasting the truthfulness of the media with that of the President of the United States? Is that really how you want to defend Trump?
Quote Reply
Re: WaPo Liars [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you're arguing with a robot who listens to Rush Limbaugh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
-

I guess their cleaner missed this one, huh?

https://www.nytimes.com/...kill-fact-check.html

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
-

Sorry, I wasn't thorough enough. They missed this one, too:

https://www.nytimes.com/...r-ryan-sessions.html

which includes this:

Quote:
(One Democrat, Senator Claire McCaskill of Missouri, invited criticism on Thursday for saying that she had never held a call or meeting with the Russian ambassador, despite previously describing two such conversations on Twitter. She blamed Twitter’s character limit for the confusion.)

No wonder the Democrats lost the election: their media can't even whitewash their own agenda.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: WaPo Liars [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
dave_w wrote:
-

I guess their cleaner missed this one, huh?

https://www.nytimes.com/...kill-fact-check.html

LOL. So instead of adding a correction to the original piece, they bury it in other articles in the web where folks like you might see it if you search for it.

The point is that McCaskill's tweet was relevant in an article about Sessions when it made him look bad. When the comparison to McCaskill is no longer damning, the McCaskill piece gets moved.

Is it now the normal NYTimes editorial policy to correct facts and errors in articles by just deleting mistakes and publishing the truth elsewhere? I thought appending notices of corrections at the bottom of articles was a staple of good internet journalism.

________
Quote Reply
Re: WaPo Liars [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

I'm sorry I've been bothering you so much lately. You can ignore me you know.

________
Quote Reply
Re: WaPo Liars [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

I listen to Rush sometimes too; although it has been a while.

Usually H- brings a good game with insight and humor; not sure why this fake-news thing has him so out of character.

And wtf is H- anyway? You can't just go adding an electron to hydrogen ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...NYT had a Sessions piece that included the McCaskill quote about never meeting a Russian ambassador, then when the photo showed up disproving her statement, the Times removed her quote from the article, without ever noting the change...

The point is that McCaskill's tweet was relevant in an article about Sessions when it made him look bad. When the comparison to McCaskill is no longer damning, the McCaskill piece gets moved.

No, I think the point is that the original post here said that the Times removed her quote, without ever noting the change. Ken responded by showing they did note the change, yet your anger is still directed towards The Times even though they corrected the story.

Why aren't you outraged against Restate for making their false claim that the Times never noted the change?

Quote Reply

Prev Next