Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is it really "absurd"?
Quote | Reply
https://www.usnews.com/...e-in-kansas-shooting

Quote:
A White House spokesman, addressing the fatal shooting of an Indian engineer and the wounding of two other men in Kansas this week, said on Friday any loss of life is tragic but it would be absurd to link the action to President Donald Trump's rhetoric.
Spokesman Sean Spicer told reporters it was too early to guess at the motive for the incident, in which a man opened fire in a bar, prompting concern that Trump's "America First" stance on immigration and jobs has fueled a climate of intolerance.

Is it really that "absurd" to question if the Trump administration's rhetoric and actions have fostered a climate wherein people like this POS feel emboldened to actually pull the trigger? I'm not blaming Trump or the administration - this was tragic and this guy is solely responsible for his actions - but I don't think it's unreasonable to draw a connection between the current groundswell of American nationalism and a crime like this.

Also, is it really too early to guess at a motive when the shooter yelled "get out of my country" and hurled a couple racial slurs before firing?
Quote Reply
Re: Is it really "absurd"? [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" I don't think it's unreasonable to draw a connection between the current groundswell of American nationalism and a crime like this. "

X2. But I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that its an isolated incident, unless it becomes a pattern.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it really "absurd"? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Yes.

Elaborate please.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes.

Elaborate please.

You must be new around here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you think that this type of thing never happened under Obama's administration? If so, you are certainly naive...

"The Christian Science Monitor estimated that there were "more than 200 hate-related incidents" within the first two weeks of Obama's election."

http://www.attn.com/stories/13264/how-post-election-hate-crimes-compare

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dgconner154 wrote:
https://www.usnews.com/...e-in-kansas-shooting

Quote:

A White House spokesman, addressing the fatal shooting of an Indian engineer and the wounding of two other men in Kansas this week, said on Friday any loss of life is tragic but it would be absurd to link the action to President Donald Trump's rhetoric.
Spokesman Sean Spicer told reporters it was too early to guess at the motive for the incident, in which a man opened fire in a bar, prompting concern that Trump's "America First" stance on immigration and jobs has fueled a climate of intolerance.

Is it really that "absurd" to question if the Trump administration's rhetoric and actions have fostered a climate wherein people like this POS feel emboldened to actually pull the trigger? I'm not blaming Trump or the administration -

Yes you are, at least to some extent.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Is it really "absurd"? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Do you think that this type of thing never happened under Obama's administration? If so, you are certainly naive...

"The Christian Science Monitor estimated that there were "more than 200 hate-related incidents" within the first two weeks of Obama's election."

and theres apparently been an uptick. whats causing it?

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The accusation is not really "absurd" as much as it's malicious and unfounded.
We have no way of knowing if Trump emboldened hate crimes or if Obama emboldened hate crimes.
We do know which story benefits our particular political tribe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was it absurd during the Obama administration when many police involved shootings were framed as racially motivated? And did we find that many of those actually involved an act of crime by the shooting victim? Would it have been better to wait for an investigation prior rather than make a quick, potentially unfounded, judgment?

Ultimately it may have been a redneck crime perpetrated against people who don't look "American", but I would have no problem waiting for investigative details. Now if it were a guy in a pearly white robe with a matching pointy hat gunning down a bunch of African immigrants, you may question the rhetoric more. But then again, it could have been racially motivated and not a nationalistic thing. Or whitey who really believes he's a 12 year old black male is so utterly offended by the Trump administration transgender policy that he just lost it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What has Trump said about Indians?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Is it really "absurd"? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
jkca1 wrote:

and theres apparently been an uptick. whats causing it?

The democrats allowing people that should be in jail to run for President.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Is it really "absurd"? [King Duffy!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
King Duffy! wrote:

Pretty sure he didn't know they were Indian. He was caught when he told a bartender over in Clinton, MO that he needed a place to hide because he had just killed two middle eastern men
Quote Reply
Re: Is it really "absurd"? [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
King Duffy! wrote:

Pretty sure he didn't know they were Indian. He was caught when he told a bartender over in Clinton, MO that he needed a place to hide because he had just killed two middle eastern men

Well then this guy was a moron. You can't blame Trump for the actions of fucking idiots.

How about we blame the shooter?

Would that be ok?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Is it really "absurd"? [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
King Duffy! wrote:

What a moron. At multiple levels.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it really "absurd"? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
chriskal wrote:
King Duffy! wrote:

What a moron. At multiple levels.

Yep. I wonder if he admitted that to a random bartender expecting solidarity because they were, after all, a couple of middle eastern dudes; or if he just wanted to get caught.

This is local to me. He will be tried in the courthouse where I primarily practice. Sad and stupid all around. And while it's certainly to early to draw any conclusions, I don't think the question is anywhere near absurd.
Quote Reply
Re: Is it really "absurd"? [King Duffy!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
King Duffy! wrote:
chriskal wrote:
King Duffy! wrote:

Well then this guy was a moron. You can't blame Trump for the actions of fucking idiots.

How about we blame the shooter?

Would that be ok?

I did, in my initial post.
Quote Reply