Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trump at CPAC tomorrow.
Quote | Reply
Does he say bigly, like you won't believe, or does he point out not coming last year after not being invited only to win like nobody expected. Any guesses?

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Trump at CPAC tomorrow. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Does he say bigly, like you won't believe, or does he point out not coming last year after not being invited only to win like nobody expected. Any guesses?

Maybe he comes out and says he blew a Priest when he was 13, and he liked it....

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Trump at CPAC tomorrow. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
TheForge wrote:

Maybe he comes out and says he blew a Priest when he was 13, and he liked it....

Well he is free to do so, you know, with "freedom of speech" that conservatives love so so much.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Trump at CPAC tomorrow. [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Duffy wrote:
TheForge wrote:

Well he is free to do so, you know, with "freedom of speech" that conservatives love so so much.

Freedom of speech is always under threat no matter who is in power. I don't know when free speech became a conservative thing. I don't really think it is. It most certainly is not a liberal thing. One only needs to lookup "microagression" to see that.

And it is not the nice, inoffensive speech, expression, art, music, etc. that needs viligent protection.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
Duffy wrote:
TheForge wrote:

Freedom of speech is always under threat no matter who is in power. I don't know when free speech became a conservative thing. I don't really think it is. It most certainly is not a liberal thing. One only needs to lookup "microagression" to see that.

And it is not the nice, inoffensive speech, expression, art, music, etc. that needs viligent protection.

I agree.

The issue I have is that booking Milo to speak at CPAC was a half-assed effort to smack the idiot lefties at Berkely after the fiasco there. Based on the "see... we support free speech, unlike you damned America-hating liberals!" meme. Then, to cancel because you don't like what he said .... Pot, meet hypocritical kettle.

===============
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a different take.

Milo was the victim of that hit piece video and the perpetrators were conservatives who were pissed about his invite to CPAC becaue he's gay.

His supposed "support" for pedophilia was really just the excuse to keep the gay guy from CPAC. It wasn't anti-free speech. It was anti-gay.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

===============
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The issue I have is that booking Milo to speak at CPAC was a half-assed effort to smack the idiot lefties at Berkely after the fiasco there. Based on the "see... we support free speech, unlike you damned America-hating liberals!" meme. Then, to cancel because you don't like what he said .... Pot, meet hypocritical kettle.

They seem to have a guilt-by-association aversion that trumps their First Amendment advocacy.

Richard Spencer booted from CPAC

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Trump at CPAC tomorrow. [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Quote:

They seem to have a guilt-by-association aversion that trumps their First Amendment advocacy.

Richard Spencer booted from CPAC

Please tell me the Duck Dynasty guy will still be there!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not that far fetched.

CPAC has a history of being very anti-gay.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uh, no. They know that his mere presence will be reported as direct acceptance or association with a white supremacist. And as a private organization whose members do not like the guy, they were well within their rights to boot him. Did you see Dan Schneider's speech. He stated without any ambiguity the Alt-right and their ideas doesn't represent conservatism and has no place at CPAC.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uh, yeah. Unlike Milo, who was not only invited but asked to speak, and would have had those comments blow up in his face.

He's about as conservative as veganerd.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Feb 24, 17 8:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think everyone has acknowledged and beat down the organizers for Milo.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm surprised that he used his opportunity at CPAC to complain about the media...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This may not have gone as well as they had hoped.

http://deadstate.org/...uring-trumps-speech/

Staffers at CPAC quickly scrambled to confiscate Russian flags with the word “TRUMP” written on the front that were being waved by attendees during President Donald Trump’s speech on Friday.
The trouble began when some attendees took out pro-Trump flags to wave during the president’s speech that also happened to have the same white-blue-and-red striped pattern as Russia’s official flag.
Reporter Peter Hamby notes that CPAC staffers quickly realized that its attendees were waving Russian flags, and moved to confiscate them.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump at CPAC tomorrow. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, the joint address to congress is next week baby.

Quote Reply
Re: Trump at CPAC tomorrow. [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know. That looks a little fishy to me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
I don't know. That looks a little fishy to me.

Fishy how? Fishy as in it didn't happen. It looks pretty confirmed that it did.

Fishy as in somebody tricked them into doing it? Yeah, that is what it looks like. Hard to tell how many there were.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, it looks like it happened. But were they stupid to not know what flags they were waving? Were the makers of that flag actual republicans sympathetic to Russia or leftist malcontents who passed them off to unwitting fools? Or maybe they are protestors who managed to gain access and were staging this for protest purposes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Oh, it looks like it happened. But were they stupid to not know what flags they were waving? Were the makers of that flag actual republicans sympathetic to Russia or leftist malcontents who passed them off to unwitting fools? Or maybe they are protestors who managed to gain access and were staging this for protest purposes.

It appears they got trolled. And in a pretty quality way. As pranks/trolls go, this is well done and not destructive.

How many people would be able to pick the Russian flag out of a lineup. Or even Canada's or Mexico's for that matter?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probbly thought it was a gay rights flag.

I bet most people think the Russian flag is still a red flag with a hammer and sickle.

Quote Reply