Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

This anti-gun piece in Newsweek.
Quote | Reply
Reads like something from a leftist version of breitbart. Totally void of constitutional understanding or facts.

http://www.newsweek.com/...ciation-556121?rx=us

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: This anti-gun piece in Newsweek. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
XXXXXX "lived in London for 17 years where she organized Americans in support of progressive candidates for office in the U.S. She has recently moved to Washington, D.C. to work to challenge the policies of President Donald Trump."

Obviously Newsweek hasn't bottomed out yet.

I'll X out the name so she won't get any more web hits out of this. Because clearly that's all she's after.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wanted to read it but that website is legit unusable.
Quote Reply
Re: This anti-gun piece in Newsweek. [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't even realize Newsweek was still around. Didn't they stop publishing hard copy years ago?

eb wrote:
XXXXXX "lived in London for 17 years where she organized Americans in support of progressive candidates for office in the U.S. She has recently moved to Washington, D.C. to work to challenge the policies of President Donald Trump."

I'll X out the name so she won't get any more web hits out of this. Because clearly that's all she's after.
Quote Reply
Re: This anti-gun piece in Newsweek. [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
I didn't even realize Newsweek was still around. Didn't they stop publishing hard copy years ago?

I thought they stopped publishing nude centerfolds for a while but that didnt work out so well... oh wait... nvm

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: This anti-gun piece in Newsweek. [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:

eb wrote:

They were acquired by the Daily Beast so I guess the beast could gain some legitimacy from just being another unapologetic liberal rag.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Then, I read:

I go to calculator and see that now nearly 3/4 of homicides are committed with handguns. Years after the strict gun rules.

What point are they trying to make. Is it that gun homicides have gotten worse despite DC gun laws, thus taking away DC gun laws would make gun homicides even worse?

Edit to add: I call fake news.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Last edited by: H-: Feb 17, 17 21:38
Quote Reply
Re: This anti-gun piece in Newsweek. [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murder skyrocketed in D.C. Post implementation of the law. In the 80's it was the murder capital of the us. That is what I meant by it was devoid of fact. If you are going to record murder does it matter what it is committed with?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:

Then, I read:

I go to calculator and see that now nearly 3/4 of homicides are committed with handguns. Years after the strict gun rules.

What point are they trying to make. Is it that gun homicides have gotten worse despite DC gun laws, thus taking away DC gun laws would make gun homicides even worse?

OR:
In 1974, there were 277 murders. High population too. Rate was 0.000383 (3.83 per 1000 in normal FBI notes)
In 2015, 162 with lower population. Rate was 0.000240 (2.4 per 1000)

It doesn't say what "more than half" is, lets say 140 gun murders. 1.94 per 1000
2015: 1.8 per 1000
Quote Reply
Re: This anti-gun piece in Newsweek. [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well now we are getting somewhere. I nominate you to write a meaningful article for Newsweek.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:

Then, I read:

In fairness, It was commentary. But when a new source allows such driven outside of the letter to the editor page, it owns it unless countered by an opposing view article. This is what I'm saying. Sure, the NYT may be a good new source, but most of the crap that you hear from it comes from the commentary. The most notable reporters are commentators. Its commentary is solidly left. You are the commentary you prefer, whether it is FOX, National Review, NYT, Newsweek, Daily Beast, etc. CNN used to not be moderate as much as giving both sides equal say. They no longer do.

All I can say is all these liberal leaning sources with their butts hurt who are pissed they aren't viewed as credible as they once were only have themselves to blame. People like Dan, Vegan, and others defending or even justifying the slant are part of the problem to.

See it for what it is.

Quote Reply
Re: This anti-gun piece in Newsweek. [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh it gets better. This guy knocked the article out of the park. Wasn't really hard with so much bs in it. Though his pithy biography could fit into mine. He isn't me.

http://notliberal.com/...the-streets-edition/

Quote Reply