Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Flynn: "no recollection" [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

Do you think it is more likely that Trump is "infecting" these people, or that they were chosen despite (or because of?) their lack of competence to hold these offices and positions?

The former. Like I said, Spicer seems like a basically honest guy, and he's a pro. He only looks stupid when he has to get up their and tell reporters that water isn't wet. I don't get the impression that's something that's in his wheelhouse, or that he's used to operating like that. And I think Flynn is eminently qualified for his office, and highly competent. I don't think there's a credible case against him in that regard. Which is why it's weird how they seem to be devolving.

Most of Trump's appointments were excellent, in terms of selecting competent, professional people. I get that you don't necessarily agree with their politics, but most of them are qualified.

Some may have excellent qualifications for their civilian positions, but, by and large, they are highly unqualified to run a government where people can say 'No'.

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Re: Flynn: "no recollection" [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bretom wrote:
I don't think it's incumbent on people to just move on from the Russian issues. We need a quick, comprehensive investigation and if that settles things that settles things. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that the dossier, even leaving aside the tawdry prostitution claims, contained the most explosive allegations ever made against a US President. For that reason many people dismissed them. Since then (1) a likely source for much of the information has been murdered in Russia, (2) at least three high-profile tech workers in Russia have been arrested for treason, (3) the unusually detailed claim outlined in the dossier that 19% of Rosneft was up for sale has been proven correct and (4) Flynn has been caught lying about the fact that prior to Trump's inauguration he was speaking to Russia about the future of sanctions that were put in place to punish Russia for trying to influence the election. Forget the Logan Act, at what point are a critical mass of people going to decide that we need to get to the bottom of this?

5:30 Update: from my keyboard to CNN's ears: http://www.cnn.com/...ssia-dossier-update/

The Trumplodite Lemmings, led by McConnell and Ryan, will follow 'le Tangerine Terror' right off the cliff and into the Fires of Hell [hopefully it still exists].

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Re: Flynn: "no recollection" [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
There is a lot Trump has done, in his own actions and words that makes me say exactly that but in regards to his EO's no, I have no problem yet with anything he has done. That said, it is difficult to even get accurate information any longer. The guy has been in office 3 freaking weeks and the moronic rants from the Ken's of the world along with the inaccurate and often times blatantly false stories from our media have made it impossible for anyone to actually get a feel for Trump, or his administration. Again, it has been THREE WEEKS, get a grip, the world has not ended and we are not living under a fascist regime.

In regards to the American medias fascination with Russia, they are making it worse and making fools of themselves. We are not in a new Cold War with Russia and the sooner everyone gets that the better off we all are, as a country and as a people. Putin is an evil man, though in Russia a very popular man whose popularity within his own borders is growing through all the attention given to him by the American media and their uninformed groupies (see Kenny).

Another real problem for Trump is that he is trying to do a lot quickly, and does not have his people in place. He could slow down, and dems could quit slow-walking his cabinet confirmations. Either or both would probably better serve us all.
Quote Reply

Prev Next