Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Maybe bad weather might cancel Trump's flight. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
Can't see this going over well. Obama and Trudeau had a very good relationship. Not so sure what will happen here.

http://www.cbc.ca/...washington-1.3973964

Yeah I hope for the sake of Canada and its economy that Trudeau doesn't screw this up

Dealing with a guy that wants to rip up NAFTA? Trump will want it all one sided. Trudeau won't be intimidated, but the Donald can do damage to both sides. Remember that Canada is still your largest trading partner. At least he isn't telling us we have to pay for a wall.

I think the trade relationship with Canada has parity. Nobody is closing plants here to open in Canada because of massive pay variance and environmental standards.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
windywave wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
Can't see this going over well. Obama and Trudeau had a very good relationship. Not so sure what will happen here.

Yeah I hope for the sake of Canada and its economy that Trudeau doesn't screw this up

Dealing with a guy that wants to rip up NAFTA? Trump will want it all one sided. Trudeau won't be intimidated, but the Donald can do damage to both sides. Remember that Canada is still your largest trading partner. At least he isn't telling us we have to pay for a wall.

Have you actually researched what trump wants to do? My take based on economic research, banks, etc. is this would actually boost the Canadian economy.

That's not the feeling we're getting up here, especially his recent bank deregulation (and I'll admit I'm not an economist|). The reason we never saw a real estate crash the way you did was because of our regulation.

What would US banking regulations (which he hasn't changed and probably won't except on the peripheral) have to do with anything? Serious nonsequitor
Quote Reply
Re: Maybe bad weather might cancel Trump's flight. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

I think the trade relationship with Canada has parity. Nobody is closing plants here to open in Canada because of massive pay variance and environmental standards.

Hey you read some of the same research
Quote Reply
Re: Maybe bad weather might cancel Trump's flight. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[quote I think the trade relationship with Canada has parity. Nobody is closing plants here to open in Canada because of massive pay variance and environmental standards.[/quote]

That's what you'd think or what we'd hope. My wife grew up in a town of 30,000 that had an auto plant. The town was booming in the 70/80/90's. Every kid she knew in high school had a parent who worked there. Her mom even worked in the office on pay roll. The plant employed 3000 but is now gone. Operations were shipped to a new plant in Mexico. The town is now really struggling.
Last edited by: cerveloguy: Feb 9, 17 19:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
windywave wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Have you actually researched what trump wants to do? My take based on economic research, banks, etc. is this would actually boost the Canadian economy.

That's not the feeling we're getting up here, especially his recent bank deregulation (and I'll admit I'm not an economist|). The reason we never saw a real estate crash the way you did was because of our regulation.

What bank deregulation has occurred in the last 60 days that is giving all of you up there a bad feeling? Specifically?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
[quote I think the trade relationship with Canada has parity. Nobody is closing plants here to open in Canada because of massive pay variance and environmental standards.

That's what you'd think or what we'd hope. My wife grew up in a town of 30,000 that had an auto plant. The town was booming in the 70/80/90's. Every kid she knew in high school had a parent who worked there. Her mom even worked in the office on pay roll. The plant employed 3000 but is now gone. Operations were shipped to a new plant in Mexico. The town is now really struggling.[/quote]
You (plural) fail to realize that you're US light. If Trump blows up NAFTA and imposes tariffs on Mexico Huzzah for Canada
Quote Reply
Re: Maybe bad weather might cancel Trump's flight. [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
[quote I think the trade relationship with Canada has parity. Nobody is closing plants here to open in Canada because of massive pay variance and environmental standards.

That's what you'd think or what we'd hope. My wife grew up in a town of 30,000 that had an auto plant. The town was booming in the 70/80/90's. Every kid she knew in high school had a parent who worked there. Her mom even worked in the office on pay roll. The plant employed 3000 but is now gone. Operations were shipped to a new plant in Mexico. The town is now really struggling.

You (plural) fail to realize that you're US light. If Trump blows up NAFTA and imposes tariffs on Mexico Huzzah for Canada[/quote]
Well.......that can't be right.......cuz trump=bad, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
Who's we? I think Trudeau is a fuck up. The only thing he's done right is combing his hair.

Except that he still has a 2/3 approval rating this long after the election. There is a Canada outside of rural Alberta. You should visit it sometime.

Using new math? It's not 66%, must have faked your way through "chiropractor" school. Then again the only math bone crushers need to know is how to fuck the insurance company out of the maximum of benefits. Counting to 10 isn't that hard.

I'm talking national level polls, not your local poll taken at the corner gas. Whenever you are losing an argument you sure get desperate don't you?

Really? Kindly point to one - you may want to avoid the Ipsos - Reid that one's a joke anyway it's comparing Capt. Stupid to the Orange Meathead. A monkey would come out ahead of Trump but it stills doesn't move Mr. Good Hair into the 2/3rd approval rating you're claiming. The biggest problem though is the last poll is from December, before McFuddleDuddle's disastrous town hall tour.
https://www.hilltimes.com/...ationwide-poll/95816
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Can't see this going over well. Obama and Trudeau had a very good relationship. Not so sure what will happen here.http://www.cbc.ca/...washington-1.3973964[/quote[/url]]

so what's the verdict?
Quote Reply

Prev Next