Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Queue the pictures of Merkal with the Hitler Stache
Quote | Reply
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/...ebts-explosive-path/

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Queue the pictures of Merkal with the Hitler Stache [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is great. I am not sure that EU commissioners really want to be picking a fight with the UK in the context of the IMF not supporting greek bailouts and draghi buying italian bonds because their banks are toast

Fun times
Quote Reply
Re: Queue the pictures of Merkal with the Hitler Stache [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Well technically it started with Brexit and continued with the election of Trump, so let's call this phase 3.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Queue the pictures of Merkal with the Hitler Stache [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am pretty sure Greece received a permanent exemption allowing them to put Hitler staches on all German leaders.

But yeah, their economy is some fucked up shit.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Queue the pictures of Merkal with the Hitler Stache [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is well worth reading the michael lewis article on greece from vanity fair. There economy was fucked up long before everyone else got involved but they lived like billionaires on other peoples money........
Quote Reply
Re: Queue the pictures of Merkal with the Hitler Stache [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once you take away a persons desire to better themselves or their society you pretty much have sealed the long term fate of that society. Greeks live quite comfortably doing next to nothing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Better yet, pick up his book Boomerang. Greece, Ireland, Iceland... excellent book.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boomerang:_Travels_in_the_New_Third_World
Quote Reply
Re: Queue the pictures of Merkal with the Hitler Stache [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read that. The VF article was, if i recall a preview of the book but i think it was more detailed........

Anyway. They make me laugh - the greeks - they ask and are offered money, they spend it and now complain they were given it. Grow the fuck up...........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
It is well worth reading the michael lewis article on greece from vanity fair.

That's a very good read. I'm not sure how you change a country's entire way of thinking about its taxes and budget.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply