Prev Next
Re: When Did Safety Become An Entitlement? [wasusnowme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
wasusnowme wrote:
BarryP wrote:
More detail?

Are you complaining because he didn't let your kid play in traffic?
Are you complaining because he didn't let you run over someone else's kid?
Or are you complaining because he gave you shit for jay walking?

FWIW, I've had the third happen to me and found it really annoying. He didn't like me crossing an empty intersection when the light was red during my run.

I was referencing this morning's twitter rant...

Remember Blep asking people to post links to stories or thoughts that are not blatantly obvious? That really would help.

It is difficult to provide a link to a radio report. I thought the 'In Chief' would be self explanatory [as in Commander In Chief].

If there's a radio report - I can guarantee there's an AP story to be found on google, of course for some people googling is really really difficult.
Quote Reply
Re: When Did Safety Become An Entitlement? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
The safety entitlement is right there next to the health care entitlement.

As a Canadian, I'll kick you square in the nuts if you touch my health care entitlement and I'm viewed by some as a right wing nut job (ie. libertarian)
Quote Reply
Re: When Did Safety Become An Entitlement? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
If there's a radio report - I can guarantee there's an AP story to be found on google, of course for some people googling is really really difficult.

It was part of a story on NPR at approximately 6:30a EST. I did a quick google, didn't find anything, and went back to eating my bagel with cream cheese and lox. Part of the fun was knowing how incensed all you worthless hypocrites would be because I didn't provide a link.

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Duffy wrote:

As a Canadian, I'll kick you square in the nuts if you touch my health care entitlement and I'm viewed by some as a right wing nut job (ie. libertarian)

I want my, I want my, I want my HCE...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Libertarian...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

It was part of a story on NPR at approximately 6:30a EST. I did a quick google, didn't find anything, and went back to eating my bagel with cream cheese and lox. Part of the fun was knowing how incensed all you worthless hypocrites would be because I didn't provide a link.

So you admit to be nothing more than a useless fucking troll. Of course that's after it was pointed out that google is your friend and you obviously don't know how to use search strings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:

Since when are we 'Entitled' to safety?

Define "safety."

Article Four, Section Four states that the “United States shall guarantee to every State a republican form of government and shall protect each of them against invasion.” Thus, the federal government is required by the Constitution to keep us safe from foreign threat.

Annotation 7 of the 14th Amendment provides for the State to protect public health, safety, and morals.

Even under the narrowest concept of the police power as limited by substantive due process, it was generally conceded that states could exercise the power to protect the public health, safety, and morals. 128 Illustrative cases are noted below. - See more at: http://constitution.findlaw.com/...sthash.9rp2aO5R.dpuf

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
wasusnowme wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

So you admit to be nothing more than a useless fucking troll. Of course that's after it was pointed out that google is your friend and you obviously don't know how to use search strings.

I've seen kids do that. Oh, I was just joking, or I was just trolling you.
Quote Reply
Re: When Did Safety Become An Entitlement? [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
I thought we had to get rid of all guns because liberals want to feel safe? Glad to see you have come around and can now understand that there is no entitlement to be 100% safe because we live in a free society. Can we now get rid of the liberal mantra, "if it saves just one child"?

By the way, may I suggest you get away from the news for a while. You must have a miserable life if you spend every day angry at Trump and Republicans.

wasusnowme wrote:
Apparently our Crossing Guard In Chief thinks we are ENTITLED TO SAFETY from the laws of life. Are we Americans really this pussified?

Liberals should drop the "if it saves just one child" mantra right after conservatives drop the "if it saves just one fetus" mantra.

;)

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: When Did Safety Become An Entitlement? [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
jwbeuk wrote:
I thought we had to get rid of all guns because liberals want to feel safe? Glad to see you have come around and can now understand that there is no entitlement to be 100% safe because we live in a free society. Can we now get rid of the liberal mantra, "if it saves just one child"?

By the way, may I suggest you get away from the news for a while. You must have a miserable life if you spend every day angry at Trump and Republicans.

wasusnowme wrote:
Apparently our Crossing Guard In Chief thinks we are ENTITLED TO SAFETY from the laws of life. Are we Americans really this pussified?

Liberals should drop the "if it saves just one child" mantra right after conservatives drop the "if it saves just one fetus" mantra.

;)

Hear hear...

Last edited by: wasusnowme: Feb 8, 17 18:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same mantra.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
wasusnowme wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

You think you know me do you? Funny how most of you always jump to name calling and unsubstantiated accusations of stupidity and ignorance. Must be a serious lack of satisfaction with one's manhood.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
jwbeuk wrote:

wasusnowme wrote:

;)

Alright. We agree on something.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
wasusnowme wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

You think you know me do you? Funny how most of you always jump to name calling and unsubstantiated accusations of stupidity and ignorance. Must be a serious lack of satisfaction with one's manhood.

Your posts show their merit. Dumbass.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! You just described yourself! Sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction.
Last edited by: rick_pcfl: Feb 9, 17 15:05
Quote Reply

Prev Next