How Do I....
Quote | Reply
Cook with fish sauce???
Quote Reply
Re: How Do I.... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Cook with fish sauce???

Pad Thai. I like the recipe that beat Bobby Flay on throw down. Haven't had it in a year, need to fix that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use it as a marinade or sometimes when I need a little more fishy flavor. It's like using soy sauce, less is better.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, for starters, you'll need a Super Bass-O-Matic.
Quote Reply
Re: How Do I.... [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Cook with fish sauce???

Simple. You open the container, pour it down the nearest drain, and then find something else to cook with.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: How Do I.... [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it has oil content couldn't it be used as an emergency fuel source?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a pacific islander/filipino, I grew up with fish sauce (patis). I can see where it is an acquired taste to many since it is very fish (basically fermented fish). We used it instead of soy sauce for many of our dishes. We use in a variety of soups, like mung bean or a simple fish soup (when using cod or other fish that have minimal fishiness and can use a bit more flavor). Goes well in different types of chicken or corned beef stews. I also like to add it to curry sauces. Also, sprinkle over white rice with a fried marinated pork chop.

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply