Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Heat resistant pistol pouch?
Quote | Reply
I got a new range bag that is big enough to carry my eyes/ears, mags, and ammo. I can fit a couple pistols, but not in a hard case. Plus, I don't want to carry a separate case for the pistol(s), especially if I bring 2 or more. In addition, a couple of my pistols have threaded barrels. This means that, when I finish shooting, the exposed portion of the threaded barrel is pretty hot.

What I want is a heat resistant pouch that I can throw the pistol in after firing without having to wait forever for it to cool. I am concerned about the slide of the gun, but that has not been much of an issue in the past. However, the exposed portion of the threaded barrel concerns me, making me fear it will melt foam/plastic/etc.

Anyone aware of a heat resistant pistol pouch? I cannot seem to find one online. Any other suggestions?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Heat resistant pistol pouch? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nature's pocket.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Heat resistant pistol pouch? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My head is already in the way.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In that case just stick it in your....

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
be a man and stick it down the front of your pants like plaxico burress!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Heat resistant pistol pouch? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You assholes aren't helping ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been looking for the same thing. I've had the same Sig Sauer bag for 12 years. It has two removable pouches made if cordora. But I always have to let it cool a couple minutes. Suppressor pouches usually are heat resistant. But I haven't found a single bag I feel good about putting a hot gun in.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

stick it in a silicone oven mitt before putting it in your case?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That might work. See, NOW you are helping me!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
That might work. See, NOW you are helping me!

jokes first, serious after!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Police your brass while you're barrel cools? Or get a little air mattress pump and blow cool are through the barrel. I put one together for my rifles. I bet you could get it to work for a pistol. Of course then you are taking one more thing to the range.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sell silicon oven mitts to shooters for $50 each. Let me know if you are interested.

Oh, I know you can get them for $15 on amazon, but mine are custom labeled for shooters. You can choose between, Colt, Glock, or "my penis is big, really."

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like there might be a market for it, so contact these guys and see if they'll make you one.
armageddongear

Their "Armageddon Gear American Made" video
Quote Reply
Re: Heat resistant pistol pouch? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Home Depot sells a heat shield for $15.00 that you use to stop sparks when sweating copper near flammable material. It is a felt-like material. You could line your bag with it or wrap your guns in it.

http://www.homedepot.com/...eld-314002/100345508
Quote Reply
Re: Heat resistant pistol pouch? [Elvis Runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Elvis Runner wrote:
Home Depot sells a heat shield for $15.00 that you use to stop sparks when sweating copper near flammable material. It is a felt-like material. You could line your bag with it or wrap your guns in it.

http://www.homedepot.com/...eld-314002/100345508

best idea yet. i should have though of this because i picked one up a month ago.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This might work:

https://www.amazon.com/...intball+barrel+cover

(Yes, it's been a while.)

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
JSA wrote:

stick it in a silicone oven mitt before putting it in your case?

This was a good idea, but, when I was searching, I found a silicone curling iron travel pouch. Perfect! Better yet, it comes in pink!

So, I bought this and an Uncle Mike's pistol pouch. I will drop the gun in the curling iron pouch, then drop it in the pistol pouch.

https://www.amazon.com/...01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Reply