Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn???
Quote | Reply
Remember, how she said that we would meet again, some sunny day.

Vera, Veeraaaaa... what has become of you. Does anybody else in her, feeeel the way I do.

I think that is how it goes. I haven't heard the song in nearly 15 years. Or sober in longer than that.

https://www.yahoo.com/...m-100-112856914.html

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn??? [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. I know the words to the Floyd song, but never knew who Vera Lynn was. Now I is edumacated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of my favorite songs from "The Wall" and of all times*.

Never knew it was about a real person, thanks for sharing!

edit:
*as part of this series of songs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tecWmThkrY

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Last edited by: Smil'n Hawaiian: Feb 2, 17 15:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you just hear her name on PTI? I had no idea who she was.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn??? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No it was on yahoo or drudge and reminded me of the wall. But I knew who she was from reading the Pink Floyd biography in college.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn??? [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everything on that album is intentional and based on waters experiences.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw a metal band that went by the name Vera Lynn.

They were really good and they just disappeared off the face of the earth without a trace.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was she the groupie who blew the security guard to get a backstage pass during 'Young Lust"?
Quote Reply
Re: Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn??? [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. But Val Kilmer's ex wife was one of them. Maybe the one.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Everything on that album is intentional and based on waters experiences.

Have you seen the Roger Waters' "The Wall" documentary/concert? It's available on DVD/Blu-Ray but it's been on the AXSTV channel a lot recently too. Good watching.

Maybe it's a British thing but I'm kind of surprised that so many posters here didn't know who Dame Vera is.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn??? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw waters do "The Wall" live a few years back and it was absolutely amazing.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn??? [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:

I wish I'd gone to that. I'd like to see him on his next tour if the Trump administration lets him back in.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
chriskal wrote:

I wish I'd gone to that. I'd like to see him on his next tour if the Trump administration lets him back in.

[/url]]

Although "The Wall" is the more well known album, I still prefer "Animals". Good lord how many times did I put on my headphones in college and crank "Dogs" and "Pigs". Amazing music.

Freedom just around the corner for you. But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm more in touch with British history and affairs than you know. I just play dumb on the net and keep my opinion to myself. I even know what MP meant when I asked about it a while back. ;).

Especially keen on British Invasion music, WWII, reconstruction and Middle Ages. Sure it will help me one day on Jeopardy.

I learned a lot of this when doing family research and open minded.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
I'm more in touch with British history and affairs than you know. I just play dumb on the net and keep my opinion to myself. I even know what MP meant when I asked about it a while back. ;).

Maschinenpistole. Figures you'd know that.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn??? [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. Member of parliament.

Quote Reply
Re: Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn??? [Smil'n Hawaiian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
One of my favorite songs from "The Wall" and of all times*.
Never knew it was about a real person, thanks for sharing!

+1

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn??? [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of my favorite concert experiences. Amazing performance. And one of the few concerts where the line for the men's room was way longer than the women's...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wasn't she the uncomfortable chick from Scooby doo that (if internet folklore went by) was into kinky sheizen that loved the date?
Quote Reply
Re: Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn??? [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
Was she the groupie who blew the security guard to get a backstage pass during 'Young Lust"?

No, I think she goes by the name "Dirty Girl".
Quote Reply