Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Leftist and anti-trumpers are economic terrorist. [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Except for being a foot taller and not Jewish, yeah, I'm Woody Allen.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you even know what Kalanick said about Trump?

Perhaps we need to boycott Dell, Whirlpool, and some other businesses because they had the audacity to meet with Trump.
Quote Reply
Re: Leftist and anti-trumpers are economic terrorist. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a business strategy, overtly supporting one political group over the other is usually poor business practice. Supporters of the spurred group will likely abandon your business, while the group you support is not guaranteed to give you more custom. Likely as not you will have a net loss of customers.

So what would cause business owners to pursue such a strategy?
Maybe its something greater that the need for a big bottom line. Maybe it their love for their country. The need to stop a weak minded, confused, man-child tyrant from destroying the nation they love. Its Patriotism.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Leftist and anti-trumpers are economic terrorist. [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think a lot of the criticism Starbucks gets is noise. They are a freaking coffee shop, have you been in one not employing a bunch of super liberals? Sort of comes with the territory in my view. But let's look at most of their scandals. Well I can really only think of one. The whole Christmas coffee cup fiasco. Why people get bent out of shape on that is silly. Saying they will hire a bunch of refugees clearly makes liberals feel good about going to starbucks. Leaves people like me saying, "who gives a shit". And only gets Bill O'Reilly viewers (who are already pissed off over the made up war on Christmas) and blue collar folks who would never work there and likely never buy coffee there bent out of shape. That is a win win for starbucks. But it is still fair game since they entered that arena. Uber is saying they don't want to be in the arena and this jackass is extorting them to against trump.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Leftist and anti-trumpers are economic terrorist. [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
Do you even know what Kalanick said about Trump?

Perhaps we need to boycott Dell, Whirlpool, and some other businesses because they had the audacity to meet with Trump.

So we are on the same page this is what I was referring too:

"Uber's participation comes as Kalanick tweeted on Sunday a repudiation of Trump's executive order and set up a legal defense fund for drivers who may lose work as a consequence of it. That response followed criticism of Uber earlier in the weekend following the perception by some that the company had attempted to break a strike of taxi drivers at New York's JFK airport."

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a lot of butthurt that he met with Trump. I find that ridiculous as many business leaders over many years have met with presidents.

As far as offering rides to people stranded at the airport in NYC, I see no problem with what Uber did. I think they saw a bunch of people stranded and tried to help.

I have very little respect for cabbies as many of them are very dishonest. Why should people be strnaded at an airport with no option to get to their destination?
Quote Reply

Prev Next