Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kirk Cousins, the $24 million dollar QB
Quote | Reply
Damn, talk about being between a rock and a hard place. If Washington doesn't pay, who is going to be their QB? And if they do pay just for next year it's going to cost they a bundle.,,

"Currently playing on a franchise tag, Cousins makes nearly $20 million this season. Another franchise tag in 2017 would bump up his annual salary to nearly $24 million."

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Kirk Cousins, the $24 million dollar QB [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You think they can't afford it?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There appears to be only about 20 people worldwide capable of playing QB in the NFL. If you are one of those 20 or someone thinks you could become one of those 20 you are going to get paid. The alternative for the teams is being Cleveland.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope they tag him for a year, then let him walk over to Pittsburgh in 2018 if the job opens up.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Kirk Cousins, the $24 million dollar QB [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

I know they can afford it but do you think he's the guy to take them to the Superbowl? Or do you think their defense is holding them back? If you think Cousins could be the man great. If not, save $24 mill, get some decent free agents and look to the draft to get the guy you hope can get you there. They have the 17th pick overall in 2017. If necessary, they could trade up for any of the following:

• DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame. Height: 6-4. ...
  • Mitch Trubisky*, QB, North Carolina. Height: 6-3. ...
  • Pat Mahomes*, QB, Texas Tech. Height: 6-3. ...
  • Deshaun Watson*, QB, Clemson. Height: 6-2. ...
  • Davis Webb, QB, California. ...
  • Jerod Evans*, QB, Virginia Tech. ...
  • Brad Kaaya*, QB, Miami. ...
  • Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss...

And before anyone says anything Romo isn't going there and Johnny Football isn't the answer either.

Quote Reply
Re: Kirk Cousins, the $24 million dollar QB [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
There appears to be only about 20 people worldwide capable of playing QB in the NFL. If you are one of those 20 or someone thinks you could become one of those 20 you are going to get paid. The alternative for the teams is being Cleveland.

That's a very accurate assessment of the NFL.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trent Dilfer.

If he can win anyone can win. What they need is defence.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I know they can afford it but do you think he's the guy to take them to the Superbowl? Or do you think their defense is holding them back? If you think Cousins could be the man great. If not, save $24 mill, get some decent free agents and look to the draft to get the guy you hope can get you there. They have the 17th pick overall in 2017. If necessary, they could trade up for any of the following:

• DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame. Height: 6-4. ...
  • Mitch Trubisky*, QB, North Carolina. Height: 6-3. ...
  • Pat Mahomes*, QB, Texas Tech. Height: 6-3. ...
  • Deshaun Watson*, QB, Clemson. Height: 6-2. ...
  • Davis Webb, QB, California. ...
  • Jerod Evans*, QB, Virginia Tech. ...
  • Brad Kaaya*, QB, Miami. ...
  • Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss...

And before anyone says anything Romo isn't going there and Johnny Football isn't the answer either.

would trade up for any of those guys?
Quote Reply
Re: Kirk Cousins, the $24 million dollar QB [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
j p o wrote:

That's a very accurate assessment of the NFL.

I have always wondered how many of the 15,588 senior student athletes playing football each year could make the NFL? Only 256 of those athletes will be drafted into the NFL, and many of those will be cut. When I think about some of the undrafted stars like James Harrison, Tony Romo and Kurt Warner, I have to believe there are potential NFL players out there that could help a team but are never seen as NFL worthy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Skins rolled like 15 million in Cap money forward to 2017. They could afford to do a deal last year but somebody has a chip on their shoulder so they keep putting off signing him to a real long term deal.

They were fools not to sign and lock him up when he was only so so. Last year they offered a two year deal for 32million when he was guaranteed 20 million. In other words they Had no leverage with a guy who is fine waiting. If they aren't going to offer a real mkt priced deal he will take 24 next year and be free after next year. Easy choice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I think about some of the undrafted stars like James Harrison, Tony Romo and Kurt Warner, I have to believe there are potential NFL players out there that could help a team but are never seen as NFL worthy.

Same could be said for every sport, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kirk Cousins beat Jay Shroeder's team passing record. He's obviously worth it.

jkca1 wrote:
Damn, talk about being between a rock and a hard place. If Washington doesn't pay, who is going to be their QB? And if they do pay just for next year it's going to cost they a bundle.,,

"Currently playing on a franchise tag, Cousins makes nearly $20 million this season. Another franchise tag in 2017 would bump up his annual salary to nearly $24 million."
Quote Reply
Re: Kirk Cousins, the $24 million dollar QB [champy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
champy wrote:
When I think about some of the undrafted stars like James Harrison, Tony Romo and Kurt Warner, I have to believe there are potential NFL players out there that could help a team but are never seen as NFL worthy.

Absolutely man. The other day I saw a giant at the market. I could only wonder why he wasn't playing pro-ball for someone. Maybe he didn't have the athletic talent, or the smarts or maybe he had a physical injury. But this guy was huge, and looked like he could crush a coconut in one hand. He had the makings of a good offensive linesman.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
champy wrote:

Absolutely man. The other day I saw a giant at the market. I could only wonder why he wasn't playing pro-ball for someone. Maybe he didn't have the athletic talent, or the smarts or maybe he had a physical injury. But this guy was huge, and looked like he could crush a coconut in one hand. He had the makings of a good offensive linesman.

Good one!

I'm sure there are people out there with genetic advantages for a multitude of professional athlete skills. Manute Bol comes to mind as far as recruitment efforts.
Quote Reply