Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ted Cruz makes his move toward likability... a year late.
Quote | Reply
Social media dust-ups don't typically pay dividends for public figures, but I'd contend that - in Ted Cruz's case - something like this could have done wonders for his candidacy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...m_term=.cbc9117b1dab

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz makes his move toward likability... a year late. [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz makes his move toward likability... a year late. [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was a time I liked Deadspin...I still visit them occasionally because I appreciate some of their sports takes and content. BUT, somewhere along the way they morphed into another liberal wing of the media, I think it was when Gawker was buying up a host of sites. Now Deadspin has their own biased political content and also shares from Concourse, Jezebel and The Root, all ultra-liberal leaning sites.

I like(d) their sports, but they've injected such a liberal spin on everything that I can't do it any more.

Pretty solid shots from Cruz there, regardless. I'm sure the aim is to humanize him and make him more likeable, and certainly public personas have morphed greatly in a short period of time over the years, but honestly with Cruz he can't change his face and he can't change his voice...he could be a god damned saint and most people would reflexively dislike him, imo, and that'll never change.
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz makes his move toward likability... a year late. [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
There was a time I liked Deadspin...I still visit them occasionally because I appreciate some of their sports takes and content. BUT, somewhere along the way they morphed into another liberal wing of the media, I think it was when Gawker was buying up a host of sites. Now Deadspin has their own biased political content and also shares from Concourse, Jezebel and The Root, all ultra-liberal leaning sites.

I like(d) their sports, but they've injected such a liberal spin on everything that I can't do it any more.

Pretty solid shots from Cruz there, regardless. I'm sure the aim is to humanize him and make him more likeable, and certainly public personas have morphed greatly in a short period of time over the years, but honestly with Cruz he can't change his face and he can't change his voice...he could be a god damned saint and most people would reflexively dislike him, imo, and that'll never change.

during the first debate when he spoke my wife, who didn't know who he was, simply said "I have a strong urge to punch him in the face and I don't know why"
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz makes his move toward likability... a year late. [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure that a good sense of humor has saved many a man from having their punch-worthy faces pounded in. For the average, repulsive individual, it probably can't hurt.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Ted Cruz makes his move toward likability... a year late. [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:

during the first debate when he spoke my wife, who didn't know who he was, simply said "I have a strong urge to punch him in the face and I don't know why"

It's the face man. It is the same reason Grayson's cheap shots work so well to get people off their game. As soon as the guy enters the gym you want to punch him. Then he takes a little pissy cheap shot at you and you find yourself chasing him down the court getting your own T.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply