Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I'm not a fan of Man Utd...
Quote | Reply
or of Wayne Rooney, specifically, but this was a brilliant, record-breaking shot that he took Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTxABuB-Ems

I remember watching him from the spot, looking at Grant's defensive position, and telling my daughter, "He can hit that top shelf." If he took that shot ten times, I'd bet on him landing at least two or three, just like that.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: I'm not a fan of Man Utd... [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go Leicester City!

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man City fan here. Rooney is a putz... That's all

burnman wrote:
or of Wayne Rooney, specifically, but this was a brilliant, record-breaking shot that he took Saturday.

I remember watching him from the spot, looking at Grant's defensive position, and telling my daughter, "He can hit that top shelf." If he took that shot ten times, I'd bet on him landing at least two or three, just like that.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm not a fan of Man Utd... [wasusnowme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:
Go Leicester City!

You'll need to cheer harder. I don't think it's working yet.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:

He's still a cunt.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm not a fan of Man Utd... [wasusnowme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:
Go Leicester City!

Fuck off, you bandwagon wannabe. 50/50 they get relegated this year.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm not a fan of Man Utd... [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
burnman wrote:

He's still a cunt.

True... but my appreciation of talented play - and no real vested interest in the EPL - allow me to temporarily overlook that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
wasusnowme wrote:
Go Leicester City!

I'll take the under ie they get relegated
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:
burnman wrote:

He's still a cunt.

True... but my appreciation of talented play - and no real vested interest in the EPL - allow me to temporarily overlook that.

Agreed. Watched the game and saw the kick. It was solid. A beautiful shot, especially considering the angle.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm not a fan of Man Utd... [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:
wasusnowme wrote:
Go Leicester City!

I'll go with Hull City and Sunderland. From there, it's a toss up, but sometimes clubs have an ability to turn things on in the second half.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why is he such an ass?

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
windywave wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:
wasusnowme wrote:
Go Leicester City!

I'll go with Hull City and Sunderland. From there, it's a toss up, but sometimes clubs have an ability to turn things on in the second half.

Yeah but they just seem to be floundering and not playing well.

Also, relegation was part of their Faustian bargain.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm not a fan of Man Utd... [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
Why is he such an ass?

I can only acknowledge the fact that he's widely-viewed as a 'cunt,' as was previously-quipped. If you want to know specific reasons, you'll have to ask people with an interest in one of the affected clubs and/or English football, as a whole.

Individual grudges in mainstream football run much deeper than anything experienced in American sports. I'm simply not a fan of his; no love or hate.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that a 3 point shot?
Quote Reply
Re: I'm not a fan of Man Utd... [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
Is that a 3 point shot?

No. It's a 1/2 point conversion.

Quote Reply
Re: I'm not a fan of Man Utd... [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He donated £1.2m to charity last week. He doesn't seem like an ass to me - he's a brilliant footballer who has made a great life for himself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:

Brilliant goal but Come on You Spurs

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Incredible goal. Not a Man Utd fan either (I prefer the excitement of supporting a team that narrowly avoids relegation with a narrow win over the Reds) but it was cool seeing him hit that landmark, especially with that goal and with Sir Bobby in attendance.

And I LOL'd at Alan Shearer's character summary of Shrek.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm not a fan of Man Utd... [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was a pretty disgusting display by Spurs the other day. They had no control, no tempo, and definitely no composure. It was a golden opportunity for them to put points on the Reds, City, and United (who all dropped 2-3 pts) and they flopped.

Lloris had an absolutely terrible game, even before giving away the goals. He misplayed at least 3-4 passes from his own defenders in the first half that were nearly picked up by City for opportunities on goal. And let's not get into Kyle Walker...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am going to mostly disagree with this assessment. Playing City away in which they didn't have their best game and City probably played their best game of the year. Lloris had a rough day, I though the first goal was really unlucky, second one was a howler. He made some big saves in the first half.

With that, we came from 2-0 down to manage a point (albeit with some good fortune) in a game that we were outplayed. That's the kind of grinding that leads to long term success imo. Not to mention we had Dier and Wanyama playing CB by the end of the game.

Kyle walker also had a wonderful assist...

Bottom line, I wouldn't call it a flop. It's not like City are Swansea....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back to the OP. There has been a lot of interesting discussion on Rooney following his 250th this weekend. Usually turns in to a debate among Man U supporters between those that have never forgiven him for handing in transfer requests and those that know that football is a business and it works both ways.

It's kind of comical because many of those that have not forgiven him want him to be sold now because he hasn't produced like he did 3 or 4 years ago. Weird how it's okay for them to say that now...

Rooney has won pretty much everything there is to win as a player for Club and has been a key part of some incredible Man U teams. He scored 250 goals, never being the dedicated striker on the team. I honestly don't understand the debate. He has given Man U as much as he has received.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm not a fan of Man Utd... [Runningwithbees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
City away definitely adds to the difficulty, but Spurs have been on tremendous form as of later, whereas City has been struggling; it was as if they forgot (or were complacent over) the type of play that moved them toward the top of the table.

I think the absence of Vertonghen was also a big deal. He and Alderweireld have very good symmetry, whereas Wimmer is still finding his form. We'll see what happens this weekend with both starting backs sidelined.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big Red Devils fan. Big Rooney fan. That shot was great, but I why did it have to be a game-tying goal in the last few minutes again? Stoke City?? Their undefeated streak is pretty impressive right now. Losing out on all those points with all those ties!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spurs still the youngest team in Premier League, it feels as if when playing away games against the big teams they get intimidated.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply