Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NFL teams: Post game?
Quote | Reply
Just watched both games today & we now know who's in the Super Bowl.
Anyone know...will the players of winning teams have mucho drinks and celebrate tonight?
Or is it more like wait till after the big game?
What's usual for NFL'ers?
Quote Reply
Re: NFL teams: Post game? [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last time the Falcons were in the Super Bowl. One of their players got caught trying to bang a prostitute the night before the big game. My guess is partying....

Michael Floyd, one of the Pats receivers, was asleep at a stoplight not long after a game in Phoenix. He may have just worn himself out....

Lagarret Blunt got cut by the Steelers for smoking weed right after the last training camp drug test.
Last edited by: Amstel: Jan 22, 17 19:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just curious what the norm is. Ya hear the stories about weed & such, but what do most do that play at the highest level?
I would think different than endurance sports. Then again, in our sport we generally don't have a bigger race 1-2 weeks after a big race. Sometimes, but nit usually.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mac wrote:
I'm just curious what the norm is. Ya hear the stories about weed & such, but what do most do that play at the highest level?
I would think different than endurance sports. Then again, in our sport we generally don't have a bigger race 1-2 weeks after a big race. Sometimes, but nit usually.

At that level pain killers is the norm. The day after a game some players can hardly move.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: NFL teams: Post game? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
At that level pain killers is the norm. The day after a game some players can hardly move.

Sadly, I suspect that this is the majority of their partying; at least in-between games. Once the season is over, I'm sure that the menu changes.

I heard one of the more concerning commentaries yesterday on the Falcons, stating that team management acknowledged that in the course of every game, they plan on losing Julio Jones for some time (meaning that he will be physically unable to play). This was based on the fact that he's a high-performance player that gets paid to sacrifice his body. I'm of the mind that if it's voluntary, then it's their decision(s) to make; but man that's scary stuff for his future.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: NFL teams: Post game? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I wonder how many shots Jordy Nelson got before/during/after the game.
Quote Reply