Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kahlua
Quote | Reply
Never had it before. Apparently it's a coffee liqueur.

Went to neighbor's house. He mixes it with Vodka. Not bad, but sneaked up on me in a way I did not think possible.

I assumed it was a coffee flavored mixer. Did not realize it was alcohol.

I have heard of Kuhula and cream, but I thought alcohol was in the cream, as in Bailey's Irish.

Ended up loaded when I did not intend to. I hate that.
Quote Reply
Re: Kahlua [J-No] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was probably the vodka that snuck up on you :-D
Quote Reply
Re: Kahlua [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was mixing it in a way that did not have much vodka. Prob shot of Vodka and rest Kahula. I had like 3 of them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J-No wrote:
He was mixing it in a way that did not have much vodka. Prob shot of Vodka and rest Kahula. I had like 3 of them.

Kahula is like 30 proof, I think you were just looking to get bombed :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like how three shots of vodka is not that much . . . lol. How big were these drinks?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Kahlua [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come on... half the LR drinks their bourbon 3 or 4 fingers at a time.
Quote Reply
Re: Kahlua [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True. I don't know how most of these lushes survive. I take my bourbon one shot at a time.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Kahlua [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
Come on... half the LR drinks their bourbon 3 or 4 fingers at a time.

Bourbon? Pussies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
I like how three shots of vodka is not that much . . . lol. How big were these drinks?

I'm generally a beer guy.

Standard low ball glasses. An oz of vodka/drink with Cranberry or 7 up is not a big deal to drink 3 in 3 hrs. I'm not driving either way.

Mix the vodka with liquer and I am hurtin' for certain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Black Russian"s will do that to you. Usually 2.5 shots of Vodka and 1 shot of Kahlua.
Add a shot of cream or half and half for a White Russian, mmmm goood.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you're due for more punishment. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
Quote Reply
Re: Kahlua [coecoe13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In popular culture
The White Russian is the signature drink of "the Dude", the protagonist of the cult classic The Big Lebowski. In the movie, the Dude refers to it as a "Caucasian." The cocktail's prominence in the film has been connected to a revival in its popularity. Prior to the movie, the cocktail was considered passé and likened to an alcoholic milkshake.[7]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, the dirty bird. That's a staple in my family.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
True. I don't know how most of these lushes survive. I take my bourbon one shot at a time.

Aren't you in Utah? It's illegal there to have more than one at a time. At least at a bar. Last time I was there, in Sundance for a nephew's wedding, I snuck out (it was dry) and headed to the bar to order a double. They said they couldn't pour a double, but poured both shots, keeping on in the well until I finished the first.

But I agree. If it's good scotch, it's a single neat pour at a time. But if the goal is merely to get alcohol into the system, like at a dry wedding, . . .
Quote Reply
Re: Kahlua [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Aren't you in Utah? It's illegal there to have more than one at a time. At least at a bar.

Is it? I've never ordered a double here, but I almost always get a shot and a beer. Never had an issue with that. But wouldn't be surprised- convoluted laws. Hate that you can't get beer over 4% on tap here.

But if the goal is merely to get alcohol into the system, like at a dry wedding, . . .

Went to a wedding earlier this month. Brought the flask in with me, left the bottle in the car for refills.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

Aren't you in Utah? It's illegal there to have more than one at a time. At least at a bar.

Is it? I've never ordered a double here, but I almost always get a shot and a beer. Never had an issue with that. But wouldn't be surprised- convoluted laws. Hate that you can't get beer over 4% on tap here.

But if the goal is merely to get alcohol into the system, like at a dry wedding, . . .

Went to a wedding earlier this month. Brought the flask in with me, left the bottle in the car for refills.

Shoot, I do that at weddings that aren't dry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://vine.co/v/OQWYxElH9OQ

Quote | Reply
You can get a beer on tap over 4% if you go to the brewery.

I suspect it's going to change. Didn't some other state (OK?) eliminate the 4% limit this last election? If so, that'll mean fewer breweries will be willing to produce 4% offerings, which will in turn put pressure on states that still have that stupid law on the books.

Utah is definitely changing. More and more non-Mormons, and more and more less "active" Mormons. When I was in college there, it used to be that the grocery stores and other established that happened to be open on Sundays were vacant. Not so anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of my favorite mixed drinks.

Snifter of Lagavulin (or your favorite scotch). Pour some Kahlua into a separate shot glass (don't worry about how much). Pour the Kahlua down the drain, feed it to the dog, or the wife. Who gives a shit. Drink the Lagavulin.
Last edited by: AlanShearer: Jan 23, 17 16:44
Quote Reply
Re: Kahlua [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:

Snifter of Lagavulin (or your favorite scotch). Pour some Kahlua into a separate shot glass (don't worry about how much). Pour the Kahlua down the drain, feed it to the dog, or the wife. Who gives a shit. Drink the Lagavulin.

Reminds me of my favorite martini recipe:

Ice cold gin
vermouth
glass
blue cheese olives or if feeling like a fancy drink onions to make a Gibson

Take the vermouth, show it to the glass then put back on the bar unopened. Fill glass with gin, garnish, drink. Repeat 3x
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:

Reminds me of my favorite martini recipe:

Ice cold gin
vermouth
glass
blue cheese olives or if feeling like a fancy drink onions to make a Gibson

Take the vermouth, show it to the glass then put back on the bar unopened. Fill glass with gin, garnish, drink. Repeat 3x

This
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
J-No wrote:

Kahula is like 30 proof, I think you were just looking to get bombed :)

Kahlua is 60 roof, vanilla extract is 70 proof and your vodka is 80 proof. You may have been drunk, but the Kahlua Is not to blame...the sugar in it causing you to drink more...well, that's another story đŸ˜‰

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply