Duffy wrote:
Putting a dog in water = raping a girl.

You're a crazy person.

Dude, the dog got a fucking bath.

Was it injured?

Nope.

How's the dog now?

Fine.

How was the dog 30 seconds after it was pulled from the water?

Fine.

Rape! Rape! Rape! Rape!

How did I know your reply would be asinine? I did not compare the acts, I compared the excuses and, yes, the excuses are equivalent. If you took even 3 seconds to attempt to use critical thinking, you would have seen that. But, that's not your style.

I like you, man, but you are way off base on this one.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Something <maybe> we can agree on... [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rape victims everywhere are glad to know you think dogs baths are the same as sexual assault.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Something <maybe> we can agree on... [ACE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ACE wrote:
The nutjobs will be out in full force apparently at the box office to protest.

http://www.tmz.com/...urpose-peta-protest/

my 5 year old daughter has been begging to go see this movie as she loves dogs. This movie will do more to endear people to their pets than harm animals. Doubtful anyone that plans to go see this movie wants to torture pets. Big picture is overlooked by these loons.

If someone yells at me and my five year girls as we buy tickets and go on into the theatre on opening day, they will be met with swift retribution.

So, the ends justifies the means? Pretty dangerous and short sighted position.

My biggest issue is how they are handling this. They are trying to defend and justify. Stupid. There should be outrage expressed by the producer and the actors. There should be calls for the trainer to be investigated and charged. The director should be called out and also investigated and charged. Instead, Quaid and Polone are trying to make excuses and justifications.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Something <maybe> we can agree on... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Rape victims everywhere are glad to know you think dogs baths are the same as sexual assault.

Another asinine response from a simple mind.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Another asinine response from a simple mind.

I'm not the one who's siding with PETA...

....and rapists.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
ACE wrote:

my 5 year old daughter has been begging to go see this movie as she loves dogs. This movie will do more to endear people to their pets than harm animals. Doubtful anyone that plans to go see this movie wants to torture pets. Big picture is overlooked by these loons.

If someone yells at me and my five year girls as we buy tickets and go on into the theatre on opening day, they will be met with swift retribution.

My biggest issue is how they are handling this. They are trying to defend and justify. Stupid. There should be outrage expressed by the producer and the actors. There should be calls for the trainer to be investigated and charged. The director should be called out and also investigated and charged. Instead, Quaid and Polone are trying to make excuses and justifications.

The means ( having a dog get dunked for too long) were not planned or intentional. By all accounts it was an accident that they are sorry for. They did not plan to torture dogs to make this movie. The had no malfeasance in their hearts when making this movie or plan to hurt animals. There are no "means': that need justification... it was an error for which they are sorry.

It doesn't require a federal investigation, a public flogging, or being put on the rack. I would be willing to bet the people involved in making this movie and the people involved that day on the set all love dogs and would not intentionally harm a dog to make a movie. The dog was in the water a little too long. A mistake for which they are sorry. That is all.

A complete overblown reaction to an unfortunate situation. But probably what should be expected. The next time I see a kid trip at the park I will call for a federal investigation into why the parents allow that kid to wear shoes that may not fit, they haven't trained the kid to walk properly and hopefully those parents will learn not to harm their kids by taking them to the park.
Last edited by: ACE: Jan 25, 17 10:24
Quote Reply
Re: Something <maybe> we can agree on... [ACE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ACE wrote:
JSA wrote:
ACE wrote:

The means ( having a dog get dunked for too long) were not planned or intentional. By all accounts it was an accident that they are sorry for. They did not plan to torture dogs to make this movie. The had no malfeasance in their hearts when making this movie or plan to hurt animals. There are no "means': that need justification... it was an error for which they are sorry.

Are they? I have been reading a lot of articles and, in every single one, I read anger and defensiveness, not sorrow. That's my biggest problem - I am hearing excuses, nothing else. If you can point me to something that supports your position, please do so.

ACE wrote:
It doesn't require a federal investigation, a public flogging, or being put on the rack. I would be willing to bet the people involved in making this movie and the people involved that day on the set all love dogs and would not intentionally harm a dog to make a movie. The dog was in the water a little too long. A mistake for which they are sorry. That is all.
Did you watch the video? This wasn't a mistake. They forced the dog into a large pool containing 8 outboard motors which turned it into whitewater. Pushing that dog into the water was not a mistake. The dog did not fall into the water. The trainer pushed it into the water.

ACE wrote:
A complete overblown reaction to an unfortunate situation. But probably what should be expected. The next time I see a kid trip at the park I will call for a federal investigation into why the parents allow that kid to wear shoes that may not fit, they haven't trained the kid to walk properly and hopefully those parents will learn not to harm their kids by taking them to the park.

Another asinine example. Imagine those parents pushing the kid into the same pool - over 6 feet deep, containing 8 outboard motor that turned it into whitewater. Should the parents that pushed their kid into that pool be investigated?

Quote Reply
Re: Something <maybe> we can agree on... [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot of ignorance in this thread. A LOT of ignorance.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

So the trainers' response is that the dog did not go all the way into the water at all on the first attempt, that they let him get out. But that doesn't really change the fact that they were forcing him in. Their claim that the only reason the dog was nervous was because they used a different spot seems a bit hard to believe.

They also point out that the clip he goes under with is a different take. I am unclear how that makes it better.

I wouldn't use a rape excuse analogy for it, but it certainly doesn't make me want to go see the movie.

Also, in reading about this, I did learn that several horses (and 100+ animals in total) died during filming of Lord Of The Rings due to conditions on the farm they were being kept. While I am not a PETA fan, there are an awful lot of animals killed and terrorized on movie sets. I watch a lot of old westerns, there had to have been a lot of horses getting jacked up in the filming of those.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay I watched the clip.

It was dumb to make an untrained dog do this stunt. Dumb. If you want to call the film crew assholes, fine. And I'll agree to not pay to see this movie. But the event scores a big zero on my outrage meter.

You should probably not watch Dr. Pol or any other veterinarian show on Nat Geo or Animal Planet. Pets die.
Quote Reply
Re: Something <maybe> we can agree on... [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Okay I watched the clip.

It was dumb to make an untrained dog do this stunt. Dumb. If you want to call the film crew assholes, fine. And I'll agree to not pay to see this movie. But the event scores a big zero on my outrage meter.

I don't see anyone on this thread, myself included, agreeing with the PETA planned protests. The OP merely says he won't be seeing this moving and calls them assholes. You seem to agree with both of those sentiments. I won't be protesting, but I sure as hell will not spend my money to see this film. Neither will the wifie or the kids; which is too bad b/c the wifie loves the book. We will be expressing our opinions with our wallets. It doesn't require the outrage meter to budge an inch.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

The dog doesn't even know it's a dog.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

Yep. Ignorance and a complete lack of empathy.

To quote the Tangerine Tyrant: Sad!

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
JSA wrote:

Yep. Ignorance and a complete lack of empathy.

To quote the Tangerine Tyrant: Sad!

Ok ... THAT was pretty funny!

Quote Reply

Prev Next