Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Don't move there if you're a conservative. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not that I am making any grand connections here, but if you over-lay this list, with that list of The Most Desirable Countries to Live In index, the top-10 - 15 are pretty much the same! :)

There was a Desirable Cities index that I saw in the news this week I can't remember where I saw it. Canada had three cities - Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal in the top 15, along with the usual assortment of Scandinavian cities and others from the obvious places ( Australia, New Zealand, Europe etc . .).

What I find odd is the U.S. never makes these lists. Maybe this is Trump's gambit - he's going to make America so Great Again that it will get back on these Best Places To Live lists! :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Don't move there if you're a conservative. [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If nobody wants to live here, why do we have so many people from other countries trying to come here? Why do we have so many foreigners who love to talk about here?

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Don't move there if you're a conservative. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
If nobody wants to live here, why do we have so many people from other countries trying to come here? Why do we have so many foreigners who love to talk about here?

Its the economy stupid.

But is also is image. A lot of our immigration clients thought they would come here and be rich without trying. More than a few returned home because America is the land of plenty, but you have to work to get it.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It appears that you are chronically sad.
Quote Reply
Re: Don't move there if you're a conservative. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If nobody wants to live here, why do we have so many people from other countries trying to come here?

They are coming mainly for economic reasons. There are lots people trying to get to Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand too. It's harder for them to cross the ocean to Canada, Australia and New Zealand and Europe is being flooded so the U.S is not alone.

Most immigrants anywhere in the world will say their number one choice of where to live would be the country they were born in because that is what they are familiar with and where their friends and family live. If they had the same economic incentive to live in their own country, those trying to emigrate would be cut to very few.

Why do we have so many foreigners who love to talk about here?

The U.S dominates the media (we get the same CNN here in Canada). There is also a strong U.S presence in most countries with movies, music, fast food and Hollywood. The U.S military is also in 150 different countries and the overseas adventures usually attract a lot of attention.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Countries ranked by liberalism. Sad to see Canada is only 11th. Interesting read.

http://www.movehub.com/...untries-in-the-world

I just glanced at the article but it looks like the USA is in the top 25% of liberal places.

I looked to see what or how they defined the word or how they arrived at but didn't get a clear cut answer.

Let me ask you, why do you think you're liberal?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply

Prev Next