Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ISIS is in search of writers
Quote | Reply
When I read this article below my first reaction was WTF? But here you have Islamic Jihadists putting their wish list online with a rosy scenario about detonating a a nuclear bomb in the US. In case you didn't know ISIS has switched away from Dabiq (its former magazine) in favor of an easier to read, less theological magazine. The name of the new rag, Rumiyah, refers to Rome.

"Islamic militants purchase a nuclear device from a sympathetic official in Pakistan and ship the weapon on the flip side of a drug trafficking route through West Africa to South America. Next, the package is smuggled north to the United States-Mexico border.

Although this sounds like the plot line of a spy thriller, it is a scenario laid out in an online magazine produced by the Islamic State, the apocalyptic Syria-based terror group also known as ISIS.

“From there it’s just a quick hop through a smuggling tunnel and … presto, they’re mingling with another 12 million ‘illegal’ aliens in America with a nuclear bomb in the trunk of their car,” the 2015 ISIS article says.

The threat isn’t merely speculative.

From November 2013 to July 2014, officials apprehended 143 individuals listed on the US terror watch list trying to cross the Mexico border and enter the US illegally, according to a confidential Texas Department of Public Safety report obtained by the Houston Chronicle.

And last summer, the US military’s Southern Command warned in an intelligence report that Muslim extremists were using existing migrant smuggling rings in Latin America to gain entry to the US across the Mexico border, according to an account in the Washington Free Beacon."
http://www.csmonitor.com/...der-How-big-a-threat

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: ISIS is in search of writers [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not much good at writing these action-thriller stories but maybe they can use my skills with some inspired romance writing. I've this great idea for a monthly serial about a love triangle between a lonely, misunderstood Yemeni Jihadi, a steel tough-but-sensitive Afghan Talib, and a sexy and troublesome camel cow. Duffy can help with the cover art.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: ISIS is in search of writers [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will The Rumiyah have a caption contest?
Quote Reply
Re: ISIS is in search of writers [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, but if you subscribe you get a free shake weight.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: ISIS is in search of writers [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not much good at writing these action-thriller stories but maybe they can use my skills with some inspired romance writing. I've this great idea for a monthly serial about a love triangle between a lonely, misunderstood Yemeni Jihadi, a steel tough-but-sensitive Afghan Talib, and a sexy and troublesome camel cow.

If you can work 72 virgins into your story, you've got it made.
Quote Reply