Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Update to Phoenix Shooting
Quote | Reply
The one where the mythical armed citizen saves the day.

https://www.yahoo.com/...lover-225458260.html

Note, he had no police or military training.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Last edited by: TheForge: Jan 17, 17 10:11
Quote Reply
Re: Update to Phoenix Shooting [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It was not unusual that the passing driver was armed in this gun-friendly state with loose regulation.

Interesting way to end the article.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"A passing motorist who witnessed the attack retrieved a handgun from his vehicle and fired two shots at Pennelas-Escobar after he refused an order to stop attacking Andersson. With Pennelas-Escobar incapacitated, the motorist tended to the wounded trooper but was later drawn back into the dispute when Pennelas-Escobar got up and resumed his assault on Andersson. The motorist then fired a fatal shot at Pennelas-Escobar."

It sounds like the illegal was high as fuck. First he rolled his vehicle killing his girlfriend.
Shoots a police officer No idea why he stopped at 2 shots, maybe he shot more but missed a lot.
Starts a ground and pound.
And then the perp. gets shot maybe a couple of times (hard to tell by the article)
But soon goes back again to finish with some more ground and pound,
Then finally gets shot dead.
Quote Reply
Re: Update to Phoenix Shooting [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its a shame that California law makers would make such an ability to defend yourself or others almost impossible.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
"A passing motorist who witnessed the attack retrieved a handgun from his vehicle and fired two shots at Pennelas-Escobar after he refused an order to stop attacking Andersson. With Pennelas-Escobar incapacitated, the motorist tended to the wounded trooper but was later drawn back into the dispute when Pennelas-Escobar got up and resumed his assault on Andersson. The motorist then fired a fatal shot at Pennelas-Escobar."

It sounds like the illegal was high as fuck. First he rolled his vehicle killing his girlfriend.
Shoots a police officer No idea why he stopped at 2 shots, maybe he shot more but missed a lot.
Starts a ground and pound.
And then the perp. gets shot maybe a couple of times (hard to tell by the article)
But soon goes back again to finish with some more ground and pound,
Then finally gets shot dead.

Probably but people also can do crazy things when they've had a head injury too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Its a shame that California law makers would make such an ability to defend yourself or others almost impossible.

Yea, They would have no problem with the Illegal being here but would frown apron the good Samaritan that had a gun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would imagine few good Samaritans have guns in California. Because we know good guys follow laws, no matter how asinine. Cop would have been dead in California.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update with video:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4320064/Moment-Good-Samaritan-shot-man-beating-deputy.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you see the body language of the guy who shot the bad guy? He looked devastated at what he had just done - just like most of the rest of us gun owners.

However, we'll probably hear from the usual dumbasses here that he got sexually excited about getting to use his gun to kill someone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From your link with the video and pictures these two things stuck out to me:

"Not a single 911 call was made from the scene."
"A total of around a dozen photos and videos were handed over to the state attorney’s office."

Glad that guy helped out as opposed to everyone else who was too busy recording it. It seems no one else did anything to help the PO out.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Update to Phoenix Shooting [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
Did you see the body language of the guy who shot the bad guy? He looked devastated at what he had just done - just like most of the rest of us gun owners.

However, we'll probably hear from the usual dumbasses here that he got sexually excited about getting to use his gun to kill someone.

I am sure it changed his life. Like it suppose to do, when you kill someone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am surprised the headline isn't:

"Unarmed black man shot during police stop".

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Update with video:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4320064/Moment-Good-Samaritan-shot-man-beating-deputy.html

This link goes to a report of a different incident that happened in Florida.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Re: Update to Phoenix Shooting [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. I heard about that. Good guy with a gun saves another cop. If this were California or a world liberals would have, both cops would have been dead.

Quote Reply