Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Packers vs Falcons [champy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
champy wrote:
JSA wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:
You still think McCarthy and Capers are chumps?

Yes! Yes! A thousand times YES!!!

Without Jedi Master Aaron Rodgers, this team is 6-10 this year.

Agree. McCarthy has nothing to do with Rodgers mad skillz.

Yep. And, people want to credit McCarthy for the genius of moving Montgomery to the backfield. Really??? That wasn't genius, that was out of necessity! We. Ran. Out. Of. Running backs! Thanks Ted! That was a happy accident, not some brilliance in coaching.

I would love to know how many times Aaron audibles out of Big Boy's play call. That last throw to Jared Cook was not on a called play. Cobb said Aaron went into the huddle and told people where to run. Period.

Oh yeah, speaking of that:

HE WENT TO JARED!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Packers vs Falcons [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As amazing as he's been playing, it's still pretty nerve-wracking to have all the weight on his shoulders the later you get in the playoffs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Attempting to be as objective as humanly possible, who do you like in this game?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Packers vs Falcons [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Attempting to be as objective as humanly possible, who do you like in this game?

Falcons should win. Should. No question. But, I find it hard to bet against A-A-Ron right now.

Falcons will be a much tougher opponent than Dallas.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Packers vs Falcons [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only been to the GA Dome once, and went with no intention of paying the stadium itself any attention.... but remember thinking to myself "Man, this dome is a piece of shit."

Anyways, I think the Falcons take this one, and rather easily at that. Then again I said the same thing about the Cowboys, so what the hell do I know.
Quote Reply
Re: Packers vs Falcons [RayP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only been to the GA Dome once, and went with no intention of paying the stadium itself any attention.... but remember thinking to myself "Man, this dome is a piece of shit."

Not just the stadium, the neighborhood around the stadium too. Not a comfortable walk into the stadium from your car.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Falcons should win. Should. No question. But, I find it hard to bet against A-A-Ron right now.

Falcons will be a much tougher opponent than Dallas.

I fully agree. A-A-Ron in his current form scares me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
champy wrote:

Not just the stadium, the neighborhood around the stadium too. Not a comfortable walk into the stadium from your car.

My wife went to Georgia State which isn't too far from that area, so I've spent a lot of time on foot in that general area and am comfortable walking around there. However, I absolutely can see how someone would think that and wouldn't argue with them at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Packers vs Falcons [RayP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lived in Augusta for a few years for work. There's a lot of the state that made me uncomfortable to leave my vehicle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
champy wrote:

If you are afraid to walk around the Ga Dome/CNN center/Centennial park on game day then you must not get out much... Turner Field on the other hand is in a seedier neighborhood.
Quote Reply
Re: Packers vs Falcons [Amstel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amstel wrote:
champy wrote:

If you are afraid to walk around the Ga Dome/CNN center/Centennial park on game day then you must not get out much... Turner Field on the other hand is in a seedier neighborhood.

Respectfully disagree.
Quote Reply
Re: Packers vs Falcons [Amstel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amstel wrote:
Matt Ryan is going to destroy the Packs secondary. Plus the Falcon running game is underrated. Falcons easily cover 4 1/2. Last game in the dome, Falcons roll.

I never thought I'd say this but I am siding with the Falcons. Rodgers is the best QB in the league but Atlanta is first in points per game and 5th in rushing yards per game. If Atlanta can rush the ball just a little better than Dallas they will keep Rodgers on the sidelines and win at home.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Packers vs Falcons [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picked GB to lose to Dallas and I am picking GB to lose to ATL. So ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Recoverie wrote:
It would be an epic send off for Atlanta if they win. Sure, they're getting a new stadium this July. But, it would be historic for them to play one last game, and a championship game at that, in that Dome.

Yeah, that dome is rich with history...

You know this. It's just ludicrous rich with history. I won't be surprised if they charge people to take tours through it after it closes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I fully agree. A-A-Ron in his current form scares me.

He's gonna ice Atlanta's secondary like it's a Rodgers family reunion.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Packers vs Falcons [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. I also think that GBs secondary will be ripped to shreds. It will be a high scoring affair.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I agree. I also think that GBs secondary will be ripped to shreds. It will be a high scoring affair.

I think this is the consensus, which means it'll be 15-13 with 6 total turnovers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
champy wrote:
JSA wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:
You still think McCarthy and Capers are chumps?

Yes! Yes! A thousand times YES!!!

Without Jedi Master Aaron Rodgers, this team is 6-10 this year.

Agree. McCarthy has nothing to do with Rodgers mad skillz.

I was screaming at the TV hoping Capers could hear me. How the hell does he think it is okay to leave Gunter 1v1 on Bryant? He got burned over and over and over and over again and still Capers left him in there by himself. Ridiculous!
Quote Reply
Re: Packers vs Falcons [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was screaming at the TV hoping Capers could hear me. How the hell does he think it is okay to leave Gunter 1v1 on Bryant? He got burned over and over and over and over again and still Capers left him in there by himself. Ridiculous!

I have this argument with people all the time. A lot of people feel as though the NFL product is worse because the skill on the field is down, especially at the QB position. But I think it's the coaching that is down in the league. I think there are plenty of good QBs, lots of good young talent coming up, and skilled people everywhere, but the coaching overall seems to be a lot of WTF decisions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I picked GB to lose to Dallas and I am picking GB to lose to ATL. So ...

Now I'm afraid I picked the wrong team. ;)

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Packers vs Falcons [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aarondb4 wrote:

Well, one can't double up on Bryant without getting beat somewhere else - like Elliot running up and down the field, etc. Capers has a tough task with the available personnel.
Quote Reply
Re: Packers vs Falcons [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
aarondb4 wrote:

Well, one can't double up on Bryant without getting beat somewhere else - like Elliot running up and down the field, etc. Capers has a tough task with the available personnel.

I'd rather take my chances with Daniels, Peppers and Matthews to stop Elliot than letting Bryant do whatever the hell he wanted. But yeah, not easy with the personnel they had.
Quote Reply
Re: Packers vs Falcons [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
aarondb4 wrote:

I dunno. You could put 7 in the box and tell them to take care of Zeke and then have 4 DBs covering. Cowboys don't really have another WR weapon besides Bryant. Witten is good, but he's not what I would call a match-up nightmare. Bryant is someone they should have had safety help on.
Quote Reply

Prev Next