Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Happy Gun Story [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Bone Idol wrote:
He didn't go home to his family. He was rushed to hospital where, best case, he starts his recovery.
That is not a good news story.
Better news would be if his life didn't depend upon the outcome of a shootout between a legally armed fucktard and a legally armed Good Samaritan.
For those of us without a hardon for guns, it's better news when no one gets shot at all.

The only fucktard here is you. Get a fucking grip, the perp was doing everything he could to end the cop's life.

Yes he was. Without a gun, he'd have gotten nowhere in that endeavour. Luckily at some point the gun failed, and he failed. But he shouldn't have been able to shoot the cop at all.

I have a decent grip, I believe. Those losing their grip are the ones thinking that a cop being gunned down by a murderous psycho is the day's best news ('cause he got shot, too, yippee!).

The reason this story puts a lump in you gun nuts' Walmart polyester pants is that about one in every 5000 shootings in the US nearly matches the NRA narrative of guns being used to do good. In this case it was only after a gun was used to do something really bad, but near enough: shout it from the rooftops. Stories like this allow you to cling to your delusions, and you can't stand to have it described for what it really is.
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Gun Story [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Glock 17 with a SilencerCo Octane 9 HD suppressor. I don't have suppressor sights on it yet, so, I shot like shit with the suppressor, but it was fun!

What??? I bought a pistol with dedicated suppressor sights and they help I guess. But I don't use that pistol often. Usually just use a standard. Seems to work fine. At the end of the day you simply line the dots up and rock and roll. I can't usually even see where I'm hitting until a mag change and I get better groups with t since it stablizes the gun.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Gun Story [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't drink and I don't use drugs I'm. Naturally unhinged. But I'm harmless unless provoked.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Gun Story [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
JSA wrote:
Glock 17 with a SilencerCo Octane 9 HD suppressor. I don't have suppressor sights on it yet, so, I shot like shit with the suppressor, but it was fun!

What??? I bought a pistol with dedicated suppressor sights and they help I guess. But I don't use that pistol often. Usually just use a standard. Seems to work fine. At the end of the day you simply line the dots up and rock and roll. I can't usually even see where I'm hitting until a mag change and I get better groups with t since it stablizes the gun.

Well, it generally helps to be able to see what you are hitting ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mexico has stricter gun laws than Australia and it is a virtual gun murder capital of the world. This guy was an illegal whose entry is unknown. He probably crossed with this gun. If we ban our guns how will we protect ourselves from the cartel trash?

Quote Reply
Re: Happy Gun Story [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One from six. You're improving.
JSA wrote:
You think gun laws will achieve that. quote]

Haven't said that. Ever. It takes a lot more than "gun laws".

JSA wrote:
You think criminals will follow the law.
I've never said that either, although, in fact, all criminals follow most laws most of the time. Many even follow gun laws. But I would never rely on that. A simple enough fact, though, is that when criminals find it very difficult to access guns, and very, very expensive even when they can, they tend to go without. Most crims in my country (which still has quite a lot of guns, though a tiny fraction of the US level) have never even touched a gun, wouldn't know where to find one. I know you don't believe this, but there is a negligible overlap between what you believe and the truth.

JSA wrote:
And, you think I am the one who is dumb as a rock.

This would be an appropriate time to issue an apology to rocks everywhere.

JSA wrote:

Plus, you think the trooper should have been allowed to be killed.
I've made it clear repeatedly that he should not ever have been harmed, let alone killed. You're the one who thinks that it a "good news" story that he was needlessly gunned down. I think it simply shouldn't happen (and it rarely if ever does in civilised countries). It's remarkable how much that enrages you.

JSA wrote:
You are a disgusting human being.

Sure, because when a cop is shot I think its a tragedy and you want to celebrate. I'm pretty confident that you are the one with twisted values.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why is it you want only criminals to have guns? Is it related to your desire to see cops killed?

You really are sick.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't feed the LR gun luvin trolls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boner doesn't care about any of that. And he isn't too bright. You are wasting your time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Mexico has stricter gun laws than Australia and it is a virtual gun murder capital of the world. This guy was an illegal whose entry is unknown. He probably crossed with this gun. If we ban our guns how will we protect ourselves from the cartel trash?

Wow. If I was hired as a devil's advocate for the gun lobby I'd do a better job than you dimwits. JSA is functionally illiterate, and this is the best you can do?

Of about 200 countries governed by a Constitution, only 3 have a Constitutional right to own and bear arms: USA, Mexico and Guatemala. Each is an utter basket case for gun violence. The USA is not overall quite as bad as the others, although some of its cities are. You're proud of this?

The "Happy Gun Story" is about a cop who was gunned down. That has happened more than weekly for decades in the US. I pointed out that there are many advanced countries where it happens almost never (as it should). Countries where the cops, in turn, sometimes go a whole year without firing a single shot with intent to harm (not "a cop" but every cop in the country), compared to the 1000+ that they slay in the USA (because, they'll tell you, they never know who is about to try to shoot them). You don't want to talk about what is achievable where sanity prevails; in advanced nations. You want to compare yourselves to Mexico, FFS, and pretend that your rates of gun violence are anything other than a source of national shame. Utterly delusional.

Here's an update for you. You are not protecting yourselves. You are slaughtering yourselves.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This links to a rather nice table that can be sorted by rate / capita. While your statement is somewhat accurate, you're also cherry picking.
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Gun Story [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys realize you are being trolled by Bone Idle? This entire thread reminds me of the USENET discussions back in the 90's using NewsBin.

They were entertaining back then. It's getting a little old in this day and age. Everyone should just ignore him.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Happy Gun Story [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bone Idol is an American hating idiot who seldom adds anything of value here. But every now and then it is fun to play along.

Personally I think he should take a gun, insert it in his mouth and pull the trigger. He can have one of mine to do it.

Quote Reply

Prev Next