Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump press conference [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Here you go. Pretty cool stuff.

http://www.mediaite.com/...ng-match-at-presser/

I mean, with power comes responsibility. No, not addressed at Trump. CNN has a lot of power, and the consequences of abusing that power were displayed last night. This is just an extension of that. I don't think Trump or any president takes issue with media seeking the truth as much as when they push a counter narrative without good facts. Sure, administrations and politicians like to spin things. But the story was so absurd and unsubstantiated that it shouldn't have been published as it was by CNN. Buzzfeed isn't the same caliber as CNN. If CNN wants to be held to a certain prestige, they have to hold themselves to a higher standard than buzzfeed. Or they will be treated like buzzfeed.

I saw that exchange on a vid somewhere. I'm good with him calling them out on their BS and refusing to give them a question. I wonder how long it will be before cnn gets to ask a question in the wh briefing?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press conference [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The reality is CNN needs the access. Even fox news went soft on Obama his first few months when his administration was talking about how hostile they were to the admin. It basically is a warning shot. Not one necessarily saying you have to give favorable coverage (I'm sure Trump would fully support that), but it definitely warned them for playing fast and loose which is what they did.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press conference [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't watch but ended up reading a transcript. Some testy exchanges, ridiculous superlatives, but overall, not something I have any concerns about.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press conference [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Big Pharma Lost $24.6 Billion in 20 Minutes During Donald Trump’s Press Conference
http://fortune.com/...low_facebook_FORTUNE

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press conference [iO4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems the stock market liked what Trump had to say in his press conference. Also the cnn guy was allowed to ask a question . He chose to ask about Trump referring to nazi germani on the fake news. Trump responded in kind and thats when the dildo tried to take on Trump and got squashed like a bug.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press conference [iO4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pharmaceutical companies are "getting away with murder," President-elect Donald Trump said during his Wednesday press conference — and the sector didn't get away unscathed.

They are getting away with murder and ripping off citizens and our government to the tune of billions annually. They are a huge part of our healthcare problem. Good for The Donald.

iO4 wrote:

Big Pharma Lost $24.6 Billion in 20 Minutes During Donald Trump’s Press Conference
http://fortune.com/...low_facebook_FORTUNE

Quote Reply
Re: Trump press conference [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree , big pharma thru campaign contributions owns a good many elected officials
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press conference [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
Didn't watch but ended up reading a transcript. Some testy exchanges, ridiculous superlatives, but overall, not something I have any concerns about.

Only because our expectations have dropped through the floor.

It's interesting how the guy who shamelessly promoted the National Inquirer tabloid story linking Sen. Cruz' father to the JFK assassination is now insenced over CNN's "fake news."

Bullies can rarely take what they dish out.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press conference [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
It was awesome.

Except that isn't how the press should act and it certainly isn't how a president should act.

Unless you are Forge and have a wet dream for chaos, you should not be happy with this.

Ahhh, common on man. What's wrong with going full Godwin in your first press conference since being elected?(well, pre-press conference tweet to be exact)
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press conference [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
The reality is CNN needs the access. Even fox news went soft on Obama his first few months when his administration was talking about how hostile they were to the admin. It basically is a warning shot. Not one necessarily saying you have to give favorable coverage (I'm sure Trump would fully support that), but it definitely warned them for playing fast and loose which is what they did.

CNN needs Trump and Trump needs CNN. He wants to act like that to them because they will give him more press and coverage. They are nothing more than strange bedfellows. I suspect their website hits went up yesterday with how much he railed against them.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press conference [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:
Seems the stock market liked what Trump had to say in his press conference.

Dow is down 175 today. So, today the market doesn't like what Trump had to say? Help me out here with the logic.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press conference [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Dirt fighter wrote:

Dow is down 175 today. So, today the market doesn't like what Trump had to say? Help me out here with the logic.

One of the more ignorant comments about markets on here.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press conference [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
klehner wrote:
Dirt fighter wrote:

One of the more ignorant comments about markets on here.

I agree, Dirt Fighter's comment made no sense.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press conference [ubdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ubdawg wrote:
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
It was awesome.

Except that isn't how the press should act and it certainly isn't how a president should act.

Unless you are Forge and have a wet dream for chaos, you should not be happy with this.

Ahhh, common on man. What's wrong with going full Godwin in your first press conference since being elected?(well, pre-press conference tweet to be exact)

Can Godwin be called if Hitler is referring to himself?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press conference [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, all the way down to 19,807... holy crap... what will we do?

One of the most irritating habits that developed with the 24 hour news cycle and internet is people who monitor the market daily. They seem to be under the impression that what occurs on a daily basis will have a YUGE affect on their retirement 20 years out. If the market isn't crashing the market is fine. And a 175 point drop, in today's numbers is a blip.

In addition, if the market is down because of what The Donald said who gives a rats ass. Maybe some of the corruption in our country, corruption caused mainly by the links between government and big business and politicians will be put in check. That would be a great day and would MAGA!!!!

klehner wrote:
Dirt fighter wrote:

Last edited by: jwbeuk: Jan 12, 17 7:49
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press conference [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
ubdawg wrote:
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
It was awesome.

Can Godwin be called if Hitler is referring to himself?

“Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool” Plato
Fits well with the times. So, yes.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press conference [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:

but it also means that after a brief honeymoon he might struggle to enact a real policy agenda, insofar as he has one. governing is quite different from campaigning, and for him it's a lot less fun, and he's likely get both frustrated and bored.

Think he'll start smoking crack to spice things up again?

All kidding aside, I agree with your comparison to Ford. And I bet you Kevin O'Leary is studying that playbook as we speak.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press conference [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
Wow, all the way down to 19,807... holy crap... what will we do?

One of the most irritating habits that developed with the 24 hour news cycle and internet is people who monitor the market daily. They seem to be under the impression that what occurs on a daily basis will have a YUGE affect on their retirement 20 years out. If the market isn't crashing the market is fine. And a 175 point drop, in today's numbers is a blip.

In addition, if the market is down because of what The Donald said who gives a rats ass. Maybe some of the corruption in our country, corruption caused mainly by the links between government and big business and politicians will be put in check. That would be a great day and would MAGA!!!!

klehner wrote:
Dirt fighter wrote:

Pretty sure you missed the point, entirely.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Trump press conference [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trispoke wrote:
What a nightmare this press conference is. I keep looking for a silver lining. Trying...

Time to up the dosage. Of what I'm not sure but definitely time to up the dosage.

Prev Next