Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I'm in Hong Kong!
Quote | Reply
So, what do I do while I am here????
Quote Reply
Re: I'm in Hong Kong! [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was there I went to a beach and had one of the best times of my life. I can't remember the beach name but it had open stall shopping, bars overlooking the beach and some good looking women near the water. Check this out and enjoy:

https://www.theguardian.com/...10-beaches-hong-kong

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ummm -- go out for a nice Mexican dinner ??

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: I'm in Hong Kong! [raygovett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"ummm -- go out for a nice Mexican dinner ?? "

LOL! My nomination for post of the night. Or at least for my best laugh of the day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
Go shopping! Take the little harbor cruise then have dim sum somewhere in Kowloon. Hong Kong is the bomb!!!!

Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:

buy a custom suit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I walked around and did some shopping today. Saw some unbelievable cars around town and some high end stores. They had a child's section in the mall just for kids. Kids Armani, Kids Polo, Kids Versace, etc. I don't even want to know the prices to outfit a child in that gear!

Watch heaven around here. All the top brand names, Rolex, Omega, Tissot, etc.

People seem nice and most speak English. Many claim to not know English well, but Imcan certainly understand them just fine. I'm picking up some basic words in Chinese and people seem to appreciate the effort. I'm a bit scared of the food, but so far so good. I didn't actually know I was eating duck today.

Hitting a Karaoke bar tonight. I will report back.

Keep some ideas flowing please.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
could go up victoria peak for a look at the view. . .

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you wear them buy a suit. When I was there in college all the adult men did.

If you're into watches gonwindow shopping. Just be careful where you buy from if you decide to pull the trigger

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[
Keep some ideas flowing please.[/quote]
not sure if still in operation, but a ferry over harbor, take the Peak Tram, then a bus over the back side to the enormous floating restaurants in ? Kowloon. Best "family style" roundtable dining

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: I'm in Hong Kong! [raygovett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's suntory time, wait that's japan. Take the ferry over to Macau, after getting your suit, bet it all on black.

If you haven't been to mid levels yet, check that out as well. Great restaurants.

It's been about 10 years, but I had a great trip over there.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm in Hong Kong! [fat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going to Macau later this week. Bought some stuff from some street vendors.. I found a stretchy running belt for $5 US. Awesome!

Ended up going up to eat Pizza, no.... not Mexican guys, lol.... but, Pizza is just as funny. Great pizza, then a night at "Lan Kwai Fong". Ridiculous bar, club scene that was full of people on the streets and in the bars. I can say that this is the best bar/club scene I have ever seen. Met lots of cool people, Italy, USA, Denmark, Hong Kong locals, and Australians. A big melting pot it seems with a lot of opportunity here. Many are visitors on business. Everyone seemed to like their stay here and was having fun. People are very approachable and easy to talk to.

Going for a run in the morning and then, who knows...

Good times.
Last edited by: jharris: Jan 7, 17 14:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Say hello to this guy...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have got to be BS me , I go 2 x's a year on business Great City to explore
If you are this incompetent to research & explore stay home
The world does not need you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a massage. I hear the best places have alley entrances

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: I'm in Hong Kong! [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Get a massage. I hear the best places have alley entrances

Not gonna do it. It's well documented that the massages are "code" for a lot more than a massage in Hong Kong. I will pass since I'm in love with my girlfriend and uninterested in being with someone else.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm in Hong Kong! [HiKai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HiKai wrote:

I'm fairly confident to explore on my own. What makes you believe I am not? Beyond that, there is nothing wrong with me posting about some additional ideas that The forum could offer.

The world does not need me? Really? Because I asked for ideas on what to do in Hong Kong? Uh, ok....
Quote Reply
Re: I'm in Hong Kong! [HiKai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

What the world does not need is more people like you, who visit a city twice a year and think they are an expert...
Quote Reply
Re: I'm in Hong Kong! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update:

We did a bike ride around Mui Wo... I think the spelling is correct, saw the fishing village and the waterfall. Then we took a bus to the "Big Bronze Buddha", which was really cool. People watching in Times Square, and we saw the light show on the buildings (forgot the city), lol... it was a ferry ride away. Yesterday we went to Macau on the mainland. I had no idea they built this up like Las Vegas. It was awesome. Tons of shopping and lots to see. Today has been a rest day, but back to LKF area tonight, which has awesome night life.

Everyone here is very approachable and seems nice. Many people here on business and people from many parts of the world. Very cool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
Update:

We did a bike ride around Mui Wo... I think the spelling is correct, saw the fishing village and the waterfall. Then we took a bus to the "Big Bronze Buddha", which was really cool. People watching in Times Square, and we saw the light show on the buildings (forgot the city), lol... it was a ferry ride away. Yesterday we went to Macau on the mainland. I had no idea they built this up like Las Vegas. It was awesome. Tons of shopping and lots to see. Today has been a rest day, but back to LKF area tonight, which has awesome night life.

Everyone here is very approachable and seems nice. Many people here on business and people from many parts of the world. Very cool.
Any plans to visit Disney?