Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: YETI Cooler Prices - How long can they stay this high? [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Usually displayed prominently on their huge pickup truck.

Don't forget the lifted 4-door jeeps that have never seen a blade of grass of speck of dirt.
Quote Reply
Re: YETI Cooler Prices - How long can they stay this high? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
What are you missing? Higher price = better product.

Some people firmly believe that. Thus they are still able to sell to those people.

The Coleman 5 day cooler will actually hold ice for 5 days, it's pretty nice.

And if a person makes a foil bubble wrap cover for it, even longer.
Quote Reply
Re: YETI Cooler Prices - How long can they stay this high? [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that info...I'll check out the Polar Bear if I decide to go for something. On the other hand, a hard sided cooler gives you something to sit on :-).
Quote Reply
Re: YETI Cooler Prices - How long can they stay this high? [Dapper Dan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem. I have the 48 can, backpack and 12 can versions. Each serves it's own purpose.

Two summers ago my backpack started leaking a bit. Called them up and the lady I explained my situation to shipped me a new one while I was on the phone with her no questions asked. I asked her if she wanted me to ship the old one back bit she told me to keep it and use it if I could find a use where the small leak didn't matter. So now it's a perfectly serviceable extra dock cooler. Excellent CS.
Quote Reply
Re: YETI Cooler Prices - How long can they stay this high? [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeti just settled a patent lawsuit favorably against one of their main low-cost competitors.

I'm guessing this puffed some additional life in being able to maintain their high prices.

finance.yahoo.com/news/yeti-reaches-favorable-settlement-rtic-233800748.html

Quote Reply
Re: YETI Cooler Prices - How long can they stay this high? [drn92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drn92 wrote:
Be different ... buy a Pelican cooler. Made in the US, lower cost, and every bit as good.

drn92

I'm looking to get new cooler in a 45 qt or so size. I checked out the Yeti and they are $350. The Pelican in the same size is $300.

Most reviews have these or the Cabela's at the top.

Any other recommendations?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: YETI Cooler Prices - How long can they stay this high? [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That surprises me. What IP is involved in a cooler and a cup? Maybe I should pull the trigger on a RTIC cooler before it's too late.
Quote Reply
Re: YETI Cooler Prices - How long can they stay this high? [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
That surprises me. What IP is involved in a cooler and a cup? Maybe I should pull the trigger on a RTIC cooler before it's too late.

It's already too late. RTIC had a huge sale last week to liquidate all their remaining inventory. I think 50-30% off their normal prices. I think I saw their 65 gal cooler at a shipped to your door price of $135. The YETI equivalent is $400 and you have to go to a store and pick it up.

RTIC has already done redesign supposedly for 2017 on their product line to keep clear of the YETI patents.

I noticed YETI did not go after Walmart on their knock-off products. I'm guessing that was way to big of an opponent to take on. I'm guessing however that they'll use this judgement now to push on all the other lawsuits they have outstanding and may now even poke walmart. I think I read they had something like 30 lawsuits outstanding for this type thing with competitors.

This is really an odd topic for my to know about. I guess since they are a local company here in Austin, I hear things.

Quote Reply
Re: YETI Cooler Prices - How long can they stay this high? [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
drn92 wrote:
Be different ... buy a Pelican cooler. Made in the US, lower cost, and every bit as good.

drn92

I'm looking to get new cooler in a 45 qt or so size. I checked out the Yeti and they are $350. The Pelican in the same size is $300.

Most reviews have these or the Cabela's at the top.

Any other recommendations?

These are MORE expensive- but gave me total cooler envy til I got one.

http://orioncoolers.com/the-orion-45/

Super comfy to sit on, lock down good, easy to lash onto a raft and have multiple bottle openers built in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
Perseus wrote:

It's already too late. RTIC had a huge sale last week to liquidate all their remaining inventory. I think 50-30% off their normal prices. I think I saw their 65 gal cooler at a shipped to your door price of $135. The YETI equivalent is $400 and you have to go to a store and pick it up.

Amazon has the 65 for $200. It's more than I've ever spent on a cooler but we don't have a full size and we're planing on doing some camping this summer now that the little one is older.
Quote Reply
Re: YETI Cooler Prices - How long can they stay this high? [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, see, when you bought your cooler they only gave you one and they charged you for two or three. So, they can afford what appears to be a gracious customer service program. ;-)

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Re: YETI Cooler Prices - How long can they stay this high? [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread reminds me of this 'upscale' commuter bike...

Quote Reply
Re: YETI Cooler Prices - How long can they stay this high? [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
Endo wrote:
Perseus wrote:

Amazon has the 65 for $200. It's more than I've ever spent on a cooler but we don't have a full size and we're planing on doing some camping this summer now that the little one is older.

The RTIC site also has it for $200 (the 45 is sold out).
Quote Reply
Re: YETI Cooler Prices - How long can they stay this high? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
What are you missing? Higher price = better product.

Some people firmly believe that. Thus they are still able to sell to those people.

"Thank God!!!!" - bottled water manufacturers
Quote Reply
Re: YETI Cooler Prices - How long can they stay this high? [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No other recommendations. We work with Pelican and I like their team, hence the recommendation.

Good luck in your search.

drn92
Quote Reply

Prev Next