Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I guess we know who's (got) the bigger "stick"
Quote | Reply
Quote:
WASHINGTON — House Republicans, facing a storm of bipartisan criticism, including from President-elect Donald J. Trump, moved early Tuesday afternoon to reverse their plan to kill the Office of Congressional Ethics. It was an embarrassing turnabout on the first day of business for the new Congress, a day when party leaders were hoping for a show of force to reverse policies of the Obama administration.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: I guess we know who's (got) the bigger "stick" [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still not sure whether this is a wise use of political capital. The optics are surely on the Dems and Trump's side on this one, but the realities of the organization, I'm not so sure.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're such a Trump ball washer.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Quote:
WASHINGTON — House Republicans, facing a storm of bipartisan criticism, including from President-elect Donald J. Trump, moved early Tuesday afternoon to reverse their plan to kill the Office of Congressional Ethics. It was an embarrassing turnabout on the first day of business for the new Congress, a day when party leaders were hoping for a show of force to reverse policies of the Obama administration.

I am seeing commentary that the representatives were inundated with phone calls and emails from their constituents telling them not to make this change.

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think plan B for the republicans will now be to say mean things about babies.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply