Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Keith Jackson at the Rose Bowl
Quote | Reply
Watching the Rose Bowl, Keith Jackson just made a guest appearance. For 88 years old, the man looks good! But, it is a little painful listening to him. That once big, booming, powerful voice is now weak and feeble. He seemed a bit confused as well. Please don't read this as an indictment of Jackson. Not at all. Again, at 88, he is doing great! But, it is a power reminder of how time marches on and, perhaps, a painful reminder that I am getting on in years as well. Always loved listening to Jackson. Miss that voice. Wishing him the best.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Keith Jackson at the Rose Bowl [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't see that, but he is on one of the great commentators of college football. I always enjoyed listening to him.

I haven't been watching the entire game, but this is a great game.
Quote Reply
Re: Keith Jackson at the Rose Bowl [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great game! But, who the hell scheduled these games??? It is 7:30 CST and the 3rd quarter just started! We have another game to go!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Whoa Nelly!" I used to love listening to him call college football games way back when. Best in the business.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was a great game! Almost wish the kicker had missed so it could go to overtime.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just thinking these guys suck compared to Keith Jackson. Checked here and lo and behold. (I didn't see him on the game). Also twice today the phrase very unique was used. Something is either unique or not. If something is very rare it is not unique.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We were thinking the same thing. I didn't realize it had been that long since he was announcing games. Last game he did was the '06 Rose Bowl.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Keith Jackson at the Rose Bowl [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
That was a great game! Almost wish the kicker had missed so it could go to overtime.

F I G H T ON

A redshirt Freshman QB vs a Sophomore QB. Looking forward to next season.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Keith Jackson at the Rose Bowl [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a PSU alum, sad to watch the end but that was one hell of a football game. Whoa...nelly!

As for KJ, yeah, I thought it was a little sad but the guy is 88. I think Kirk and Reese (?) should have kept it simple. They asked a pretty long question and Keith Jackson responded with a totally unrelated question (but a good one given how freakin' long this game was) about oversaturation of CF. It got really weird after that.

It was good to see him, though - lots of great memories of him calling games, especially the Rose Bowl.
Quote Reply