Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

This is the end
Quote | Reply
It's he end of another year in the Lavender Room. But on reflection what does this mean? We covered an entire spectrum of political thinking and a lot more. We had intelligent discussions, trolling threads, insulting threads and threads with no possible redeeming value. We saw a horrible election come to an end for some with an even more horrible outcome for others. In California we legalized Pot AND kept the death penalty, yes we really are mentally unbalanced out here and we love it. We laughed, cried, bitched, moaned, helped, supported and generally did everything we could to show that while we knew, conversely others had no clue. We blamed guns, not owners, and others for not having guns to stop violence. We got excited by Pulsars in space, while back on planet earth the picture of a wounded child in Aleppo reminded some of us how fortunate we are and how horrible all wars are.

Some of us started and ended relationships, lost friends and family, which of course includes our beloved pets. Others experienced continuing physical pain as their bodies break down without relief. Worse yet, may be those whose families are seeing signs or dealing with the heartbreak of dementia. It's a road few of us are ever prepared for and when you meet someone that knows what you are going through the bond is instant.

This place, this forum, this room, is the best of us and worst of us and everything in between. It's where we go to learn, laugh, debate and think. It's at times both comforting and scary. I can't even begin to predict what the next year will bring. I expect it will be more of the same. Orange hair jokes, right vs. left rhetoric, bitching about how our favorite teams suck, moose jokes, Duffy keeping us on our toes while we debate how to cook a steak and exactly what is cheating... I hope you all have a safe and wonderful New Year. See you on the other side.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Last edited by: jkca1: Dec 31, 16 10:50
Quote Reply
Re: This is the end [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Outstanding post jk.

I have one prediction:

I predict that Duffy absolutely owns Slowguy for another year!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See you next year!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply