Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

peter freuchen
Quote | Reply
if you haven't read a little bit about this man, you probably should. virtually every line of his mini bio would make for a pretty great life, and the idea that all these things happened to one man is just outstanding.

i'm trying to get a copy of 'vagrant viking,' but it's become a bit tricky to track down these days.

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: peter freuchen [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice coat.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: peter freuchen [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not a coat - that's his beard

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
if you haven't read a little bit about this man, you probably should. virtually every line of his mini bio would make for a pretty great life, and the idea that all these things happened to one man is just outstanding.

i'm trying to get a copy of 'vagrant viking,' but it's become a bit tricky to track down these days.

-mike

You are right. I did a quick read on him and all I can say is what an interesting life. He's someone that you'd love to meet and listen to some of his stories.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the Wiki page: " He states in 'Vagrant Viking' that only one other dogsled trip across Greenland was ever successful. When he got stuck under a blizzard, he used his own feces and fashioned a dagger from it with which he freed himself."

I can attest that feces takes on a different character at -40. But I'm still not sure you can fashion weapons from it. LOL.
Quote Reply
Re: peter freuchen [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
From the Wiki page: " He states in 'Vagrant Viking' that only one other dogsled trip across Greenland was ever successful. When he got stuck under a blizzard, he used his own feces and fashioned a dagger from it with which he freed himself."

I can attest that feces takes on a different character at -40. But I'm still not sure you can fashion weapons from it. LOL.

My wife and kids will tell you that you can make a weapon from mine.
Quote Reply