Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

MNF - Lions vs. Dallas
Quote | Reply
Why watch? To see Romo maybe play 5 minutes? All Lion's fans know Detroit is going to lose tonight and then next week at home to the Pack. Caldwell will be on the hot seat again but honestly who better is going to come to Detroit to coach? I guess the situation could be worse:

"Minnesota Vikings defensive backs went rogue in Saturday's loss to the Green Bay Packers.
Coach Mike Zimmer planned for corner Xavier Rhodes to shadow Jordy Nelson the entire game. Instead, Vikings corners decided to each play their side of the field.

"To be honest, I really don't want to answer that," Rhodes said, via The Star Tribune, then explained what happened"

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: MNF - Lions vs. Dallas [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was a great move by the Vikings' corners!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dee-triot looks like it wants to win this game ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: MNF - Lions vs. Dallas [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Dee-triot looks like it wants to win this game ...

If wanting equated to winning we'd have at least one super bowl visit by now. Instead, it's the same old stuff. Caldwell fighting for his job, Lions fans preparing for another is a series of losses to the Pack. We've had 9 coaches since 1988 but it seems like a heck of a lot more.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
We've had 9 coaches since 1988 but it seems like a heck of a lot more.

But that includes the winning-est and longest tenure (in games coached) coach in Wayne.
Since 97, they've had 8 coaches. 50% have never been a HC since (or before). Forced Bobby Ross and Mariucci into retirement. The only coach to coach another game is Juron, who only was interim after Mariucci was fired. Since 1964 (!!!), Juron is the only Detroit HC that has coached another game after being a Lion.
Quote Reply
Re: MNF - Lions vs. Dallas [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
We've had 9 coaches since 1988 but it seems like a heck of a lot more.

But that includes the winning-est and longest tenure (in games coached) coach in Wayne.
Since 97, they've had 8 coaches. 50% have never been a HC since (or before). Forced Bobby Ross and Mariucci into retirement. The only coach to coach another game is Juron, who only was interim after Mariucci was fired. Since 1964 (!!!), Juron is the only Detroit HC that has coached another game after being a Lion.

That's one sad football history. On the bright side I see that Rex and his brother are now available.

Quote Reply