Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Current Jeopardy! champion (spoiler alert)
Quote | Reply
Have you guys been following this? The current champion, Cindy Stowell, died of colon cancer before her run of winning games ever aired. She started taping the games on August 31 and she died Dec. 5 one week before those games aired.

Her competitors were never aware of her illness and the show has not said how many games she won. She has been winning for over a week and will be on tonight (Wednesday).
Quote Reply
Re: Current Jeopardy! champion (spoiler alert) [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw an article on this...but had no idea she actually had a string of victories on top of it all.

Wow, on so many levels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and I watch every night and are amazed at her demeanor on the show given what she knows she is up against. It always seems like she is way behind in the first round and comes blazing back in the second and does even better on Final Jeopardy.

Before I heard her story I made fun of her because of how nerdy/quiet she was on the show (half the fun of watching is listening to the terrible player stories), and the following day when I heard the entire story I felt like an terrible human being.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Her competitors were never aware of her illness and the show has not said how many games she won. She has been winning for over a week and will be on tonight (Wednesday).

She got real lucky yesterday - in Final Jeopardy, she was down about 10 grand - she bet big, and got the answer correct, the other 2 contestants couldn't answer the question correctly. and it was a relatively easy final jeopardy

Category - 2016 US Olympians - Answer: "If this US state was a country, it would have been in the top ten in Gold Medals with 14. 9 of them won by 1 man and 1 woman"
Quote Reply
Re: Current Jeopardy! champion (spoiler alert) [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:

She got real lucky yesterday - in Final Jeopardy, she was down about 10 grand - she bet big, and got the answer correct, the other 2 contestants couldn't answer the question correctly. and it was a relatively easy final jeopardy

Category - 2016 US Olympians - Answer: "If this US state was a country, it would have been in the top ten in Gold Medals with 14. 9 of them won by 1 man and 1 woman"

Most summer olympics the answer would be California. I knew Phelps was from Baltimore...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unbelievable story. NY Post caught some flak when she passed for a demeaning headline in the form of a Jeopardy question.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Current Jeopardy! champion (spoiler alert) [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Her run ended with last night's episode, and for a while when they went to normal credits and such I was thinking they weren't going to say a word about what had happened....but then Alex Trebek did a nice little tribute to her at the very end.

Sad and uplifting story all at the same time.
Quote Reply