Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another Chuck E Cheese, anothe brawl.
Quote | Reply
What the hell is wrong with people who go there. Funny thing is the video is of the Doctors talking about it. Travis Stork was a drinking buddy of mine when I lived in Charlottesville between Grad School and my professional life. Used to have a picture of us on his blog.

http://www.bostonherald.com/...ce_at_chuck_e_cheese

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Another Chuck E Cheese, anothe brawl. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
¡Orale!

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sometimes, when you walk into a place - such as a townie bar or a Walmart - you get a sense that some people are there hoping for a fight. Chuck E Cheese is one of those places, so maybe it's built into the reputation by now.

There always seems to be extra adults milling around.. like a kid is having a birthday party and every adult brought a weird friend. My kids have outgrown the place, but I always hated going there. We never saw an actual fist fight, but we definitely saw several chest-bump shouting matches.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Another Chuck E Cheese, anothe brawl. [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My son loves Chuck E Cheeses and we take him there every couple of months. If you don't eat and only play the games it's a reasonable cost. Regardless, I have never had or witnessed any kind of incident there.

Maybe I am doing it wrong.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
What the hell is wrong with people who go there. Funny thing is the video is of the Doctors talking about it. Travis Stork was a drinking buddy of mine when I lived in Charlottesville between Grad School and my professional life. Used to have a picture of us on his blog.

http://www.bostonherald.com/...ce_at_chuck_e_cheese

Beer is served at Southern California Chuck E. Cheese's. I've only been twice, but I've never seen any aggressive behavior out of the adults.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Another Chuck E Cheese, anothe brawl. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chuck E Cheese sites in the US are encouraged to pump vaporized testosterone through the HVAC systems. (It promotes persistent game play.) I don't think that's permitted at Canadian sites.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clearly they shouldn't have assaulted those officers.

Should've maybe let the air out of their tires.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
We never saw an actual fist fight, but we definitely saw several chest-bump shouting matches.

Sometimes, Moms are worse offenders than the Dads

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These things don't happen at Panera

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A south Chicago suburban location was closed earlier this month after someone was shot in the parking lot.

http://wgntv.com/...e-violent-incidents/

Last edited by: instigator: Dec 21, 16 14:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My son went to a party at CeC's and some dude tried to start shit with me because of the Tshirt I was wearing. Just randomly walked up to me and started talking shit.

It was a tshirt with my jiu jitsu academy logo on it.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Another Chuck E Cheese, anothe brawl. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was he wearing an affliction sure or tapout?

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Was he wearing an affliction sure or tapout?

No. Not that I recall.

He just walked up and started talking shit about a jiu jitsu and how a good wrestler could just take me down and beat my ass. I sort of just agreed with him by saying, "yeah, that's certainly a possibility" and he kept pressing the issue. I eventually just said that I don't train jiu jitsu so I can fight with wrestlers at Chuck E. Cheese's and walked away to play some skee ball.

I had a guy at an Outback Steakhouse bar (I was eating dinner, not drinking) look at my ear (the left one is kind of fucked up). He asked if I was a fighter and I mentioned doing jiu jitsu. He immediately started smack taking me. He was pretty drunk and said something about Krav Maga and "street rules", etc. He "patted" me on the back of my and I guess my lack of any type of reaction made him nervous and he backed off.

Something about some people makes them just want to start shit with me, but it never goes anywhere. Usually just talking to them a bit diffuses things.

People are weird.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Another Chuck E Cheese, anothe brawl. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ever thought that maybe it is you that is weird?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Chuck E Cheese, anothe brawl. [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Ever thought that maybe it is you that is weird?

I won't deny that I'm not what one would consider a "normal guy" but the instances I mentioned here happened at a time when I wasn't even saying anything to, or even looking at, the people who started shit with me.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply